How often did each offense have 3+ WR's on the field in 2023

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As you can see MM's offense is 68.8%, almost 70%. Notice it is 3+ WRs........this may explain why we haven't signed a more quality RB. I have not checked but I am to bet his offense in GB was very similar.......he never had a big-time RB as the Packers HC.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
As you can see MM's offense is 68.8%, almost 70%. Notice it is 3+ WRs........this may explain why we haven't signed a more quality RB. I have not checked but I am to bet his offense in GB was very similar.......he never had a big-time RB as the Packers HC.

Nice info, thanks!

We ran out of the shotgun way to much too, but we were probably always in the shotgun with 3 WRs on the field.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Nice info, thanks!

We ran out of the shotgun way to much too, but we were probably always in the shotgun with 3 WRs on the field.
This has been an issue for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The garret offense remains

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Actually the Packers had some really good RB's while McCarthy coached there- Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, Aaron Jones.

exciter

Reaction score

One of the reasons mentioned for why McCarthy wanted to move away from Moore was Moore’s refusal to stay in 12 personnel. Obviously Shoonmaker not being ready and Gallup and Cooks both averaging 10m dictated that they both be on the field. Interesting to see how many more snaps they play in 12 this season!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Actually the Packers had some really good RB's while McCarthy coached there- Ryan Grant, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, Aaron Jones.
They sure did ........but none where high draft picks or expensive free-agent signings. My point was MM has shown he can do a lot with little at the RB position.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They sure did ........but none where high draft picks or expensive free-agent signings. My point was MM has shown he can do a lot with little at the RB position.
I agree! Also I think people are sleeping on Rico Dowdle, he's a complete back if he can stay healthy!

exciter

Reaction score
What we saw last season with Pollard is fairly indicative of McCarthy’s run game in Green Bay. A pass focused, pass to run offense where the RB eeks out around 1100 yards on a 4ypc average based more on the defense playing the pass than the RB being a bell cow!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Out of the bottom 10 how many made the playoffs:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::oops:
I see little correlation...and i bet those teams switch around a lot from year to year (maybe with exception of SF and Balt)

Bottom Line: whether you primarily run 3 or 4 WR, or 2 TE, or what...execute well, and you'll be good.

Pats under Brady changed often.... to almost always 3 or 4 WR some years, to heavy 2 TE sets as their base offenses others.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Also worth noting we passed it the 2nd most of any team in 1st and neutral situations.

Then again, the fact we sucked at running it might have played a part in these numbers.

What I can tell you is if you are going to pass it heavy and especially on 1st down you better have a back that can both block and receive the ball. TP did a good job of both but was not worth a franchise tag in that role.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Just goes to show that you must be able to run the ball efficiently when needed.