How did the analytics work out for us

ShiningStar

Reaction score
For all the fans who believe everything Dallas does is great, and has to follow the other teams, how did this work out? are there excuses for it because we didnt go further? what was your expectations and did it hold up? Are you glad we did it? what were the benefits? Will we see more success next year?

If defenses wins championships, what does this do for us? Are we as awesome as the other teams that do it?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think any team was better than any other team at it.
However I know how this will end up. :laugh:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
How does analytics help from getting the ball run down your throat? There's your answer.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all the fans who believe everything Dallas does is great, and has to follow the other teams, how did this work out? are there excuses for it because we didnt go further? what was your expectations and did it hold up? Are you glad we did it? what were the benefits? Will we see more success next year?

If defenses wins championships, what does this do for us? Are we as awesome as the other teams that do it?
How many fans think everything the Cowboys do is great? lol

Sure, some are a little too full of sunshine and roses, just as some are a little too full of misery and despair, but I think just about everyone realizes there have been mistakes and shortcomings.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I find my expectations quite realistic. So I'm not sure you really want to hear opinions unless it's constantly taking a steaming **** in every thread.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How does analytics help from getting the ball run down your throat? There's your answer.
I have no doubt that the analytics told them -- in multiple ways -- that the run defense was suspect. Analytics doesn't fix the problem; it just sheds light on the problems and opportunities. It is up to management and the coaching staff to use the data effectively.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Sure, some are a little too full of sunshine and roses, just as some are a little too full of misery and despair, but I think just about everyone realizes there have been mistakes and shortcomings.
Exactly . That first line feels like the beginning of a call out thread to let everyone know the area being presented was either useless or specifically led to the failures of the season. When in reality there were successes and failures all along the season in every aspect of the team. Unfortunately, the season ended on bad note versus a positive one which it will for 30 other teams.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Our Stat-Bandito QB LOVES him some analytics! 402 passing yards - 97% chance to win.. unless 300 of them came in the last half quarter.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Exactly . That first line feels like the beginning of a call out thread to let everyone know the area being presented was either useless or specifically led to the failures of the season. When in reality there were successes and failures all along the season in every aspect of the team. Unfortunately, the season ended on bad note versus a positive one which it will for 30 other teams.
Honestly, this is waht i was looking for didnt really want a crap fest thread, but i hve no idea how it works.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

In other words, par for the course. All we can expect from this bunch.

tm1119

Reaction score
At what point did analytics cause us to lose?
It’s just a word that some people don’t really understand what is and therefore are afraid of it and use it as a scapegoat.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

MM did learn his version of analytics in his barn so it was pathetic.Give me players with old school attitude and I grantee you we will win a lot.

CWR

Reaction score
My analytics show if you can't run the ball or defend the run, then you suck.