How did you feel when TO said...

montgod

Reaction score
Rack;2267129 said:
I actually felt uncomfortable cuz you could tell Emmitt was trying to get TO to mention a team goal, but w/o making it too obvious. Finally ES just blurted it out "Ok but what TEAM goals do you have".

It seemed to me like Emmitt was trying to bait (in a good way) TO into saying something team related, but he wasn't getting it.

Not saying TO is a bad teammate, just saying he wasn't picking up on what ES was trying to get him to say.

I actually said the same thing in another post regarding Emmitt trying to help him out and steer him towards saying something about being a team instead of just talking about him being the best WR in the league.

TO said some good things, but I also felt like TO was being a bit too sensitive with what Young said when Young was giving him a compliment. Not everyone is trying to make him look bad even though he may have had numerous bad experiences. He should have lightened up a bit and been a little gracious imo.

No big deal either way... just win.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
montgod;2267279 said:
I actually said the same thing in another post regarding Emmitt trying to help him out and steer him towards saying something about being a team instead of just talking about him being the best WR in the league.

TO said some good things, but I also felt like TO was being a bit too sensitive with what Young said when Young was giving him a compliment. Not everyone is trying to make him look bad even though he may have had numerous bad experiences. He should have lightened up a bit and been a little gracious imo.

No big deal either way... just win.

I think he has been burnt soooooo many times, that he is always on the defensive.

It is a shame that he can never relax when media is asking him questions, but I can understand why he feels that way.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2267091 said:
I don't know how many of you watched the interview TO did sideline with Steve, and Emmitt; but when TO was asked what is his realistic goals with this team.... TO's response was "Win a playoff game". Even though they were trying to bate him into saying "Win a Superbowl"; he spoke the truth.

Its just smart. He has been to SB and done his part and lost because of McNabb & (Pats cheating, prob got one of the 3 picks due to cheat sheet).

TO has gone to playoffs in each of his 2 years with Cowboys. Both losses.

So to answer your question. I loved his answer.

Also did you hear how he practically dismissed the HOF. He didnt seem to care about it as a goal. (I am sure that will change later, its just not a focus now). Good!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDinAZ;2267091 said:
I don't know how many of you watched the interview TO did sideline with Steve, and Emmitt; but when TO was asked what is his realistic goals with this team.... TO's response was "Win a playoff game". Even though they were trying to bate him into saying "Win a Superbowl"; he spoke the truth.

I think it is a refreshing feeling that some of the "Key" players are staying grounded with there expectations. Taking it week-by-week... one game at a time. Lets win a playoff game, and then we will talk Superbowl.

It's good to see the players not biting into all the media hype!!!

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

:bow:

When he said that I got out my cowboys cheerleader outfit and posed while taking pictures of my self...I was just that hyped up.

montgod

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2267289 said:
I think he has been burnt soooooo many times, that he is always on the defensive.

It is a shame that he can never relax when media is asking him questions, but I can understand why he feels that way.

I am with you on that, but he could have at least mentioned something more about being a team player instead of touting himself only. Again, probably just his nerves and being on the defensive side with his response, but he should work on that. We all know he is a huge team player on the field, so not questioning that in the least.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
He did refer to the "Team appointed Captains" as the people the team looks to, but that wasn't the answer Emmitt was looking for.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
montgod;2267295 said:
I am with you on that, but he could have at least mentioned something more about being a team player instead of touting himself only. Again, probably just his nerves and being on the defensive side with his response, but he should work on that. We all know he is a huge team player on the field, so not questioning that in the least.

Your post confused me.

They asked about his personal goals.

You then say he should have mentioned team and should work on that.

Then you say we all know he is a huge team player and not questioning it.

:drunk:

Reaction score
Why does TO have to be bombarded with "teammate" questions right after the game? Let the man enjoy himself instead of interrogating him. When Dallas plays Phili he takes it personal. He's still a team player. He was the first person to greet Felix Jones on the sideline after his kick return. It's sad that even Cowboy fans find something to complain about with this dude. Dont ever question why he loved Phili fans so much!

Get your popcorn ready Sunday Night. It's primetime and TO's time to shine. The rest of the team needs to get on his level.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2267317 said:
Why does TO have to be bombarded with "teammate" questions right after the game? Let the man enjoy himself instead of interrogating him. When Dallas plays Phili he takes it personal. He's still a team player. He was the first person to greet Felix Jones on the sideline after his kick return. It's sad that even Cowboy fans find something to complain about with this dude. Dont ever question why he loved Phili fans so much!

Get your popcorn ready Sunday Night. It's primetime and TO's time to shine. The rest of the team needs to get on his level.

TO... is that you? :laugh2:

sago1

Reaction score
We forget that in the 90s SB era, most often it was Irvin who got in the face of the players. He was such a hard worker & so competitive that he couldn't stand it when any other player didn't play at the same competitive level. Because Irvin was so demanding but was also a great WR, Aikman had to do a lot less then some other QBs in chastizing other teammates.

Actually I think TO is coming along very well as a leader on this team and I'm stunned to say that. Now I'm not saying TO is always doing everything right, but electing him as one of the offensive captains tells us a lot about what the players think of him. Last year in the Commanders game when Gurode hiked the ball over Romo's head on 3 successive drives in the first quarter, it was TO who went to Gurode & supposedly said something like "Gurode you are too good a player to be doing this, etc. Now I don't know if Romo said anything at some point to Gurode but TO handled it for him. On other occasions he's also been seen on the sidelines talking to other players & obviously encouraging them, etc. I really think TO's trying to become another Irvin type leader so that the whole leadership thing doesn't have to rest on Romo's shoulders. Somebody wrote something last year or maybe earlier this year, that TO really wants to have a relationship with his QB like Irvin had with Aikman, Montana & Young had with Rice. That's why he's so quick to take up for Romo. BTW: I also believe TO really trust & respects Romo as well as liking him. Believe it also helps that Romo obviously has absolutely no problem with TO getting any and all the hype he wants; Romo simply doesn't have the ego of a McNabb & doesn't resent any of his teammates from getting all the kudos possible.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2267317 said:

TO: I scored 2 TD's for MY TEAM man... :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2267171 said:
I also didn't like the fact that TO said it would be he who addressed an issue that came up, if it had to be addressed. Should be Romo IMO but I guess we'll see. TO saying it would be him and it actually being him are two different things.

JMO

I don't think it has to be Romo.

No doubt Aikman was a leader when he played, but the guy that would "talk" to the team when it was needed was Michael Irvin.

WG5516

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but TO has had a lot of catches in the superbowl 9 for 170 I believe so, Keyshawn's theory was inacurate. He is a jerk, and I've lost all respect for him.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Danny White;2267170 said:
It was especially good, because before the game, MeShawn and Cris Carter were going off on TO saying that if he was in a Super Bowl, he'd rather have a lot of catches and lose than have one or two catches and win.

What a load of BS.

Exactly.

You know as well as I do that TO will be crying his eyes out if we win a Super Bowl. Yes, he's cocky and talks himself up, but he's still been nothing but a team player since he got here.

es22

Reaction score
you have to take it one step at a time. i am glad TO did bite

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Danny White;2267170 said:
It was especially good, because before the game, MeShawn and Cris Carter were going off on TO saying that if he was in a Super Bowl, he'd rather have a lot of catches and lose than have one or two catches and win.

What a load of BS.

MeShawn is still bitter we dumped him for TO and Parcells isn't around for him to gleam at...