How do Bye Weeks work?

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I just wanted to know how the Bye Weeks work. Meaning, what is the teams schedule for the week before and after the bye.

So in this case, would they have a normal practice week after the Giants game, or do they get like 5 days off or something??

:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I think it depends on the team. Since we have Wade at the helm everyone will be in Mexico even if we play badly vs NY. :laugh2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2380122 said:
I think it depends on the team. Since we have Wade at the helm everyone will be in Mexico even if we play badly vs NY. :laugh2:

:muttley:

Mexico was last year we gotta step up it a notch Bahamas anyone ?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I had to guess I would imagine its a lot of strength and conditioning that week.

Also letting the guys who have injuries rest up and take the week off.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
From what I've read most teams do it's film on Tuesday, and Wednesday then they are given off from Thursday to Sunday and back in the following Monday for film. Injured players will still come in and get treatment and if players want they can come in for conditioning... But like was said up top every team is different on what they "allow".

tmckee

Reaction score
That's how I understood it to be, but I guess that's Wade decision...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2380132 said:
If I had to guess I would imagine its a lot of strength and conditioning that week.

Also letting the guys who have injuries rest up and take the week off.

Yes rehab for the injured. I say extra film time for others [or the y should do that]. But usually they will get 3 to 5 days off.
Maybe a few days of S & C like you said.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2380076 said:
I just wanted to know how the Bye Weeks work. Meaning, what is the teams schedule for the week before and after the bye.

So in this case, would they have a normal practice week after the Giants game, or do they get like 5 days off or something??

:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin

Depends on what the coaches want to do. Some will give players a few days off some will give a shorter time off for players.