How do you change the fact this team is soft?

snadler

Reaction score
The book is out and has been out for years, you punch this team in the mouth and they fold like a cheap suit. How can you change this perception, how does this get coached.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Soft. No go get it. You can’t let team run and embarrass you. Embarrassing

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It starts at the top. McCarthy is running this team. If they are soft and undisciplined and don't show up then it's his fault.

pitt33

Reaction score
It’s not going to change.

It’s embedded right into the fabric of the organization.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Seems strange since we have the best leader to ever command a huddle calling the shots.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The book is out and has been out for years, you punch this team in the mouth and they fold like a cheap suit. How can you change this perception, how does this get coached.
you can't fix the softness. that's our identity. we are a defense built on speed. not size and toughness up front. physical teams take us out easily

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
After the second time Dak got hit in the head while sliding, I fully expected us not to retaliate. We needed somebody, anybody, to tee off on Josh Allen to show then we won't take that kind of cheap shot play, that we will fight back. Didn't happen. Instead we let them run it right down our throats all game.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
After the second time Dak got hit in the head while sliding, I fully expected us not to retaliate. We needed somebody, anybody, to tee off on Josh Allen to show then we won't take that kind of cheap shot play, that we will fight back. Didn't happen. Instead we let them run it right down our throats all game.
I was glad to see Martin went over and body checked the dude who tried to take Daks head off on the sideline.
I will take the off setting penalties. Just so everyone sees there is a price for whacking our QB.
Unfortunately it doesn't happen enough.
Most embarrassing thing I've seen from a Cowboys team was when the Red Rocket got laid out by a Giants player, when he filled in for Romo if I remember correctly.
Not only was he hurt and no one on our team did a Damm thing. No one even went and picked him up ! They all just walked off the field and he struggled to even get up by himself. I was shocked and pissed that day.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What are you guys actually watching that "physicality" had anything to do with last night.

Dallas' defense is dumb at the second level and they don't have any speed on offense. Being physical had nothing to do with it.

bigE79

Reaction score
We need a couch that truly holds the team accountable, we've had 3, Landy, Johnson and the tuna all the rest have been JJs puppets.

Last edited:

bottleKids

Reaction score
What are you guys actually watching that "physicality" had anything to do with last night.

Dallas' defense is dumb at the second level and they don't have any speed on offense. Being physical had nothing to do with it.
I watched twice, Cook hit at the line of scrimmage and him pushed and worked for 6 yards with half our defense holding on.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We struggle with teams who can run the ball, AND have a solid D.

If our offense can put up points, the D is competent.

As soon as the offense is unable to move the ball, the D gets exposed, we fall behind, the “deer in the headlights” comes out, and the train goes off the rails.

IMO— the only team in the NFC that has the D that can physically shut down our offense is SF. In the AFC, I think Buff, KC, and Miami can all beat this team.

Lastly, when you can’t run the ball against a light box, you are screwed. A huge part of our problem is related to our running scheme, and the wrong personnel. When teams can play a two deep look, shut down the run, AND still get pressure on Dak—- we are powerless. That’s the kryptonite. Thankfully only a few teams can do that— but if we had a nastier running game, that would go a long way towards running teams out of those two deep high looks

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
I don't think we're soft. Our defense is designed to play with a lead. When we screw up offensively early, well, you know what happens.