How do you feel about our Pass Rush/Depth

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes it's the pre season and we haven't seen Micah/D-law, but we have seen our backups. Kneeland for one has been very impressive. Gholston and Fehoko were moved back to DE from being at DT. With those backup guys alone, do we have enough to be effective in getting pressure on the QB. We've signed Lawson, so we shall see how he comes along. Please give your thoughts

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Feel like we need one more DE and one more DT. I would try to get a situational pass rusher. Someone like Ngakoue. I know it's slim pickings at this point or maybe someone decent is cut that they can pick up.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I really thought Willie Harvey would be making more of a showing than he has.
Our pass rush looks like our top players are sitting out, which they are.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry even mentioned acquiring another DT in the final cuts. That should be helpful if a good one is available there. I was pleased with the defensive performances by the DL, secondary and LB additions. This defense should be considerably improved for the regular season, imho.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Feel like we need one more DE and one more DT. I would try to get a situational pass rusher. Someone like Ngakoue. I know it's slim pickings at this point or maybe someone decent is cut that they can pick up.
Was hoping someone would say this, I think his asking price may be a little high for what they may be seeking, but who knows

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes it's the pre season and we haven't seen Micah/D-law, but we have seen our backups. Kneeland for one has been very impressive. Gholston and Fehoko were moved back to DE from being at DT. With those backup guys alone, do we have enough to be effective in getting pressure on the QB. We've signed Lawson, so we shall see how he comes along. Please give your thoughts
Hard to tell a whole lot in ps games. I don’t think our pass rush will be as salty as recent years past when we had Fowler and Armstrong who are both gone now. I like what Kneeland has shown in ps, but again, that is not regular season game quality.

We won’t know for sure how good this pass rush is for several weeks…maybe three months.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard to tell a whole lot in ps games. I don’t think our pass rush will be as salty as recent years past when we had Fowler and Armstrong who are both gone now. I like what Kneeland has shown in ps, but again, that is not regular season game quality.

We won’t know for sure how good this pass rush is for several weeks…maybe three months.
Yikes I think I can tell in a few minutes how things are going to look, does it sound stupid and unfair of course. I feel like i've seen the same things, Micah gets the attention and nobody else is able to get anywhere close to the qb, and if they do they're close but somehow the QB avoids them.

I agree, i'm just going off the depth guys we have and if they showed enough to say hey we're good with said player helping us out

Aven8

Reaction score
I would be making a call to the Jets to see if they are willing to trade Reddick. Heard he wasn’t happy

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not sure.

We are not getting many looks at the AAgap scheme.

Everything is base D.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I like kneeland. He’s gonna be Good. raw but he likes to get after it. He’s got the right kinda mind set.

stuckindc

Reaction score
That would be s
I would be making a call to the Jets to see if they are willing to trade Reddick. Heard he wasn’t happy
That would be sweet. Let him get some shots at the Eagles