how effective will the 2TE formation be?

PakiPride

Benched
Reaction score
fasano has been above to below average this preseason, do you guys really think the 2 TE formation will be a weapon for us this year?

hopefully with TO comming back taking some double coverage, it will leave LB to TE mismatches, we can ttake advantage of... but does fasano need another year until he becomes a factor?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
PakiPride said:
fasano has been above to below average this preseason, do you guys really think the 2 TE formation will be a weapon for us this year?

hopefully with TO comming back taking some double coverage, it will leave LB to TE mismatches, we can ttake advantage of... but does fasano need another year until he becomes a factor?

:confused: Fasano has looked very good for a rookie ........ Esp when he is being compared to a Probowl player.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Remember in the NFL all the players are good it isn't like college where you can look good dominating the lesser player. In the NFL the weakest bench player was probably one of the best players on his college team. Fasano has to get used to the strength and speed, and POW of the NFL. Witten didn't look half as good as he does today as a rookie.

Hiero

Reaction score
PakiPride said:

above to below average? I think itll be effective, extra protection for the tackles on hte outside if thye need it, extra blockers in the running game, and 4 receiving options as well. Will be good for disguising plays and versatility I like it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Fasano has thrown some key blocks in the running game, especially Sat night, I'm starting to think that this is Parcells' key to making the run and pass work effectively.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The offense has been basically unstoppable in preseason, so I think the 2te set seems to be working so far.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think it will be very effective. In the San Francisco game they showed some of the assets of the 2 TE offense. For 5 consecutive plays Fasano and Witten lined up to the left of the LT. Each play called for different routes or blocking schemes. It was really fun to watch and kept the LBs guessing -- often guessing wrong. If I'm not mistaken it was that series that had Fasano run the crossing pattern completely uncovered for a first down.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
if we are running this 2 TE set, which i think is very effective, but it is a one back offense, so why would we keep Polite?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
if we are running this 2 TE set, which i think is very effective, but it is a one back offense, so why would we keep Polite?
He's transitioning between fullback and roving TE. He's a perfect roving TE because of his good hands and blocking ability.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The 2 TE offense will definetely be effective for us. We have ran nothing but a very Vanilla offense so far.

Polite is going to allow us to keep 3 TE's because he knows how to play those TE positions as well.

Parcells called him a "dual guy".