How Good Was Jerry Rice

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This guy was incredible, great work ethic starting at very young age. Played to age 40 lol.
WR today should watch this video.

gtb1943

Reaction score
This guy was incredible, great work ethic starting at very young age. Played to age 40 lol.
WR today should watch this video.

consummate PRO
he was not the biggest fastest strongest around but he outdid all that were due to what was between the ears
The best example I can think of where the mind ruled the body beyond belief

Flamma

Reaction score
I know a lot of people said he didn't have great speed. Because they look at his 40 time. But sometimes that can be different than game speed. I have never seen anyone run Jerry Rice down that was not named Darrell Green. When he got out in front, it was usually over. Late in his career he got slower.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Michael Irvin said Jerry Rice was "Jesus in cleats".
Rice is the GOAT at WR. Bar none.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I know a lot of people said he didn't have great speed. Because they look at his 40 time. But sometimes that can be different than game speed. I have never seen anyone run Jerry Rice down that was not named Darrell Green. When he got out in front, it was usually over. Late in his career he got slower.
when he was in his prime true; his last few years no

Hadenough

Reaction score
Exactly! His hands were excellent too. The slant that he would run was money in the bank. He would run hills in the off-season and was always fit. Great player!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I just remember hearing he was slow and then seeing him outrun everyone his whole career. Rice is a top 10 player in the history of the sport. Always played. Always made a difference. Guy had a 1200 season at 40. 40!!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll never forget seeing Rice in person the first time. The Whiners were in KC. There was a huge commotion in the lobby of the hotel and upon further investigation, the players were coming down the elevators and walking through the lobby and into the busses. The 2 things I remember most was how small Rice actually is. Shockingly small. And Keven Green wearing sunglasses with his head tilted back and that long blonde hair just flowing off his head.

To answer the OP, Jerry Rice was the goat. Any WR ranking or list that doesn't have him at #1 is wrong.