How good would this organization really be?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Without all the "extra" stuff that comes with being a Cowboy? The media loves us, we get loads of attention, sports shows seek to put us on their shows early and often. You're always in the eye of the camera at moments notice. Is there ever a time that you wished we were just a normal team, that didn't have all this "extra" stuff tied into it?? Please give your thoughts....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were America's Team before and after Jerry Jones happened. The franchise has a long history of winning and getting all the 'extra stuff' also.

I believe the better question is, "How good would this organization really be without the Jerry Jones PR and 'I Gotta Be The GM! YEEHAW!' machine?" That is the 'extra EXTRA stuff' that has been tied to the franchise for the past three decades.

Minimize or remove that thin layer of superficial nonsense. The team might return to what it considers as normal in the National Football League. And win doing it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Always wished this organization focused on Football like when Jimmy was in charge of day to day Football operations, but unfortunately with Jerry in charge it's all about everything around the team and the show appearance of the team, the sponsorships, the stadium, the Star complex, the ratings, the Cheerleaders....

Jarntt

Reaction score
When the Cowboys finally win a SB the "extra stuff" will make it amazing. I'll of course be long dead by then as will my kids, my not yet born grandkids and probably my grandkids, grandkids, but still :D

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We were America's Team before and after Jerry Jones happened. The franchise has a long history of winning and getting all the 'extra stuff' also.

I believe the better question is, "How good would this organization really be without the Jerry Jones PR and 'I Gotta Be The GM! YEEHAW!' machine?" That is the 'extra EXTRA stuff' that has been tied to the franchise for the past three decades.

Minimize or remove that thin layer of superficial nonsense. The team might return to what it considers as normal in the National Football League. And win doing it.
Tried to keep it away from adding him, didn't want any issues. He's done enough these days lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Always wished this organization focused on Football like when Jimmy was in charge of day to day Football operations, but unfortunately with Jerry in charge it's all about everything around the team and the show appearance of the team, the sponsorships, the stadium, the Star complex, the ratings, the Cheerleaders....
Is it Jerry or is it Stephen

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Folks this team has what 4 playoff wins in 30 years. 4. 4. 30 years. 4. Let that sink in.

I am afraid many fans don’t understand the level of futility the last 30 years has brought. We are among the most unsuccessful franchises in sports. That’s a fact.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The problem isn't the attention. The problem is a narcissistic owner playing fantasy football front office with his son.

As long as they are calling the personnel shots it's not going to change. If they could do more they'd have done it by now. How many decades do they need?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
If Jerry would step back from operations and the camera, and just write the checks, I think this team would improve immediately.