How is it ..

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I'll rant a little and then get back to this week and forget the past.

But how is it that two weeks ago we (The Cowboys) were picked as the best team in the NFC and some said the best team in the NFL.
We play one of our arch rivals and beat them (the iggles) ,and all we hear is how great Mcnabb is,then we travel to G.B. and beat them at a place we never won, and all I heard is how great Aaron Rodgers is.

Two really good teams who are picked to go to the Playoffs.

Then we come home play a lack luster game vs our arch rivals the forskins and lose by 2 points, and now we're in trouble, we have no "D" and we may be on a downslide.

Sand Diego loses it's first two games and they're picked to rep.the AFC in the S.B. and I hear they'll be OK and come back.

Don't anyone tell me that the media, ESPN and others don't have a hard _ _ for the Boys.

I'll embrace the hatred but man it gets hard not reacting to the BS.:bang2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CNY Cowboy;2304113 said:

But how is it that two weeks ago we (The Cowboys) were picked as the best team in the NFC and some said the best team in the NFL.
We play one of our arch rivals and beat them (the iggles) ,and all we hear is how great Mcnabb is,then we travel to G.B. and beat them at a place we never won, and all I heard is how great Aaron Rodgers is.

Then we come home play a lack luster game vs our arch rivals the forskins and lose by 2 points, and now we're in trouble, we have no "D" and we may be on a downslide.

Sand Diego loses it's first two games and they're picked to rep.the AFC in the S.B. and I hear they'll be OK and come back.

Don't anyone tell me that the media, ESPN and others don't have a hard _ _ for the Boys.

I won't tell you that. I'll tell you the truth.

Contrived controversy = advertising revenue

At analysis' end, it's always about the Benjamins.

It doesn't get any more simple than that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2304113 said:

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone here-just b/c we happen to have ONE "off" game, the season's over, let's look forward to a top 5 draft pick, let's fire some people and cut some players, etc?

Oh-less not forget that the Iggs lost to a KYLE ORTON Bears team last weekend. Less not forget that the Packers lost to an overrated Bucs team, DESPITE picking off Griese 3 times. Why isn't the media picking on their faults?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Don't blame ESPN for the meltdown, look around at your fellow posters here. They've been much harsher and more lopsided then anything ESPN has done.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
DallasEast;2304119 said:
I won't tell you that. I'll tell you the truth.

Contrived controversy = advertising revenue

At analysis' end, it's always about the Benjamins.

It doesn't get any more simple than that.
Amen to that!

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;2304125 said:
Don't blame ESPN for the meltdown, look around at your fellow posters here. They've been much harsher and more lopsided then anything ESPN has done.

Hate to say it but I have to agree.

If you don't believe it ,keep an eye on the posts here during the first part of the game ,as soon as the other team completes a pass or makes a stop on us ,you see, WE Suck, Fire The coaches ,The Boys aren't trying .

I mean this has been going on since at least last year and continues today.

And more times than not we come back to win in the later quarters.

Sometimes the first posts of the game are ridiculous ,

I know frustration might step in but wait until the end of the game before crucifying everyone.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;2304125 said:

:bow:

MONT17

Reaction score
Iggs loss to the bears worries me because the iggs were a bonehead play from mcd from winning that game in dallas. The pack loss to the bucs not a good thing. Basicly this team should be 2-2. Maybe they r not good at home this year I think the giants loss 4or 5 games @ home last year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MONT17;2304192 said:
Iggs loss to the bears worries me because the iggs were a bonehead play from mcd from winning that game in dallas. The pack loss to the bucs not a good thing. Basicly this team should be 2-2. Maybe they r not good at home this year I think the giants loss 4or 5 games @ home last year.

Not really-McNabb's fumbled handoff late in the game all but made up for Romo's poor handoff in the endzone that gave the Iggs 7. Plus this was quite contrary to the Skins game-if it weren't for OUR boneheaded mistakes, we would have beaten the Eagles by double digits. The Skins, OTOH, just smacked us a good one from the opening kickoff.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
MONT17;2304192 said:

If you apply that logic about barely winning games across the Cowboys history, you would have to strip the trophy case of all the Lombardis. It isn't about what we "should" be, it's about what we are...a 3-1 team with some flaws that has a 12 games left to fix them before the playoffs begin.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2304113 said:

I heard the media say it looked like McNabb was healthy again and I didn't hear anyone say Rodgers was great after the Cowboys game.

Nexx

Reaction score
- our D in Cleveland was a bad out of practice Cleveland Offense
- our D was non existant vs the Eagles
- our D let Rogers take the Pack up and down the field until the fourth quarter, we were lucky they settled for field goals
- our D was dominated by a decent offense, Washington

i saw it since the first game, our D just isnt dominating like I thought it could be and worse they are getting pushed around.