How is RW vs #1 CB's

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I forget if it is Ourlads or Football something or other, but one of these sites show how the receivers fair against #1's and 2nd tier CB's and 3rd tiers. I'm interested to see how he did.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
He's a #1 WR so he has had fairly decent success the fact that he will be going up against #2 CB and see a lot more single coverage will help him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Paniolo22;2340926 said:
I forget if it is Ourlads or Football something or other, but one of these sites show how the receivers fair against #1's and 2nd tier CB's and 3rd tiers. I'm interested to see how he did.
all I know is with RW and Witten we are in freaking business with TO going deep. Well, when Romo gets back.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He was the #1 guy in Detriot his whole career and did pretty darn good. Now he'll be the #2 guy here, getting at best the second best cover guy. This works out very well for him and for Dallas.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
So he was #1 even w/ Calvin Johnson?

JRid21

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341053 said:

Detroit has wanted Calvin Johnson to be the face of that franchise since they drafted him. Has Roy been the #1 receiver this year? j.w. I haven't kept up with the Lions

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
JRid21;2341166 said:
Detroit has wanted Calvin Johnson to be the face of that franchise since they drafted him. Has Roy been the #1 receiver this year? j.w. I haven't kept up with the Lions

They started off the season wanting to go to Calvin, then there was the one week where they tried to "Feature" Roy and he had like 9 catches. The Lions have been dreadful, I don't know that they even care who #1 and #2 are.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
While TO abuses Al Harris, Al Harris owns Roy Williams. He has played him twice a year since he came into the league and Roy never did anything. Of course he never had a QB to throw him the ball so that should help him when Romo comes back.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dmq;2341043 said:
So he was #1 even w/ Calvin Johnson?

Roy was targeted 18 times 2 weeks ago and finished with 7 for 96. Sounds like a #1 to me, but putting up TO type numbers with CJ on the other side is not that impressive. BUT, i'll take into account QB play and we'll call it 7 out of 12.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2341207 said:
While TO abuses Al Harris, Al Harris owns Roy Williams. He has played him twice a year since he came into the league and Roy never did anything. Of course he never had a QB to throw him the ball so that should help him when Romo comes back.

Al Harris' smashmouth style works well against most receivers in this league though. TO is the exception, not the rule, in this case.

Here's the 2008 ESPN Fantasy Rankings for WRs for those interested..

1 Randy Moss Patriots
2 Terrell Owens Cowboys
3 Reggie Wayne Colts
4 Braylon Edwards Browns
5 Andre Johnson Texans
6 Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals
7 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Bengals
8 Marques Colston Saints
9 Plaxico Burress Giants
10 Torry Holt Rams
11 Chad Johnson Bengals
12 Steve Smith Panthers
13 Santonio Holmes Steelers
14 Anquan Boldin Cardinals
15 Brandon Marshall Broncos
16 Calvin Johnson Lions
17 Roy Williams Lions
18 Roddy White Falcons
19 Greg Jennings Packers
20 Wes Welker Patriots

Kilyin

Reaction score
  1. These numbers should temper the outrageous packages we hear from the gallery for Boldin and Detroit’s Roy Williams. The Cowboys have a legitimate number one in Owens. The thinking pre-draft was to obtain a young receiver who could complement him and eventually replace him. Both Boldin and Williams can certainly complement T.O. but neither shows the top end performance to take his place. Williams’ YPA versus red corners was a poor 4.3, which ranked 58th overall. It’s not that much better than Patrick Crayton’s number.

...fwiw

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin;2341921 said:
  1. These numbers should temper the outrageous packages we hear from the gallery for Boldin and Detroit’s Roy Williams. The Cowboys have a legitimate number one in Owens. The thinking pre-draft was to obtain a young receiver who could complement him and eventually replace him. Both Boldin and Williams can certainly complement T.O. but neither shows the top end performance to take his place. Williams’ YPA versus red corners was a poor 4.3, which ranked 58th overall. It’s not that much better than Patrick Crayton’s number.
...fwiw

what are red corners????????

Kilyin

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341984 said:
what are red corners????????

It's a ranking system by K.C. Joyner..

One area of greater detail is wide receiver YPA stats. In the past, Joyner has compiled simple YPA numbers, looking at attempts and yards against opposing defenses. This year, he not only looks at a receiver’s production, but the quality of the corners he’s beating. Joyner takes his cornerback YPAs and breaks NFL CBs into three categories: Red corners have YPAs under 7; numbers like this put them in the top third of the league in any given year. Yellow corners are those with YPAs between 7-9. They are what you might call “league average” corners. Green corners are those with YPAs above 9. They’re the bottom third, the guys you need to fill out rosters and nickel or dime packages, but would replace if you could

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Why are we worried about him against #1 CB's, its the #2 CB's hell be going against, seeing as how T.O will still see the #1 CB for the team

Jake0

Reaction score
It's not really fair to judge a receiver vs #1 CBs when you got a terrible oline and terrible QB throwing the ball... just my opinion on the matter.