how many draft picks do we have?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok, we have our 2nd, a 3rd from cleveland, our 4th, a 4th from detroit, our 5th, and a 5th from tennessee, 6th from miami, detroits 7th, and our 7th.

Compensation picks we should have a pick for reeves, julius jones and nate jones. Those picks should range from 4th to 7th, most likely 6th to 7th.
That should give us about 12 picks in all.

Most likely with the extra 4th and 5th and 7th, dallas will try to trade up in the 2nd to 4th range to get a few good extra players, we need quality players, not quanity. Also, one of those picks maybe used to recoup the 5th rounder that we lost in the trade for holland from denver in 2010.

Hope that helps ya.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Keep in mind you can't trade Comp picks. But you can certainly trade all the others.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2499245 said:
That should give us about 12 picks in all.

Most likely with the extra 4th and 5th and 7th, dallas will try to trade up in the 2nd to 4th range to get a few good extra players, we need quality players, not quanity.
I hear what you are saying.

But you want to bet I can come up with 12 roster spots that could use upgraded?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think they should use about a half dozen between olineman and linebackers. They definately need a few backup interior lineman and you can never have enough linebackers in a 3-4....especailly considering they may lose Burnett, Zach and Carp is useless.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Guess we really didn't trade 'half of our draft' away. As a matter of fact, we could trade up to get any player we want - and still have a bevy of picks.

By the way. Crabtree > Roy E. By a lot. Starting to really regret the move, just another Keyshawn Johnson style possession receiver. No wonder Detroit was so willing to give him up.

Deefens

Reaction score
Even with the 1st gone, the draft will be fun again... we get some nice early-round picks in the 3rd and 4th. Would be nice to see Cleveland totally tank their last two, but I won't think about it cause that would jinx it again... but watching Dorsey last night, it is pretty likely that they lose to Cincy and Pittsburg.