How many on this board wanted...

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Ernest Shazor last year before he ran that slow time at the combine?

Just to refresh the memory of some,

Ernest Shazor S Michigan 6’4 229 Jr.

Ernest Shazor has been one of the best safeties in college football over the past two seasons. He came in as a highly sought after recruit, and even though he still has room to grow, he has lived up to expectations. Shazor was All Big 10 as a sophomore and junior, a Thorpe finalist this past season, and was recently named to various All American teams. His two year totals from his sophomore and junior seasons are 141 tackles, 18 for loss, and 4 interceptions.

Ernest Shazor is a super sized safety. He possesses awesome size for a safety, and is bigger than some pro linebackers. He throws that weight around the field, and is a force against the run, and a huge hitter over the middle. But he also possesses very good athleticism and good speed to drop back into coverage.

I liked his size, but most pre draft reports had him running a 4.5 forty. When he ran the 4.8, he dropped off most draft boards and the Cards signed him as an undrafted FA.

The difference a year makes. I'm glad we got the 2006 version. A true FS, comparable size and better speed. I know Shazor was a big hitter, but most reports and highlight reels of Watkins show that he likes to hit also. In one of his clips, he appears to lay out a TE from UVA. I think the TE was number 86. Does anyone know if that was Heath Miller.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
My roommate is a Michigan fan, so no I didn't want any Wolverine blood on the team just as he doesn't want Hurricane blood.

lol

Anyway, talent wise, didn't want him, SS or LB type. Needed FS.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Bryan8284 said:
My roommate is a Michigan fan, so no I didn't want any Wolverine blood on the team just as he doesn't want Hurricane blood.

lol

Anyway, talent wise, didn't want him, SS or LB type. Needed FS.
I never saw him play, but based on his profile and his alleged speed (4.5 forty), I wanted him as FS. After the combine, I viewed him as more of a WLB in the 4-3 who needed to gain about 10-15 more lbs.

I think Watkins is a better fit.