How Many Positions Can DaRon Bland Play?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
When I first saw Bland after the draft, I assumed we would be looking at him as a safety, thej he hit the season in th slot and now he's on the outside. Thats three spots.. But I also think he could potentially play WR. So he'll be in the NFL for a long time.

Definitely on of my favorite Cowboys, possibly of all-time.

Just one more INT and he's locked in as DPOY.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Can he play GM though?

See how stupid that is.

Anyway...dude most likely has a solid career to look forward to.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When I first saw Bland after the draft, I assumed we would be looking at him as a safety, thej he hit the season in th slot and now he's on the outside. Thats three spots.. But I also think he could potentially play WR. So he'll be in the NFL for a long time.

He could play offensive tackle against junior high kids and defensive tackle against high schoolers.

Mr_437

Reaction score
No stretch (in addition to CB/Slot CB): FS.
Possible: SS
Would like to know: PR'er

So should CBs that have proved they can catch be placed back on Offense for a few routes a game?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Apparently, at least one more position than the Commanders receivers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The only peoplw that he could be a S when we drafted him are the same people that think every CB we draft past the 3rd can be a S

Mark

Reaction score
I love that Dan Quinn open-mindedly constructs his defense from versatile, fast athletes whose ability & play resists conventional football taxonomy.

Bland can definitely play anywhere in the secondary, and maybe even WR. M. Bell - a safety effectively handling LB duties, and Parsons, a labeled-LB excelling as an undersized DE.

No doubt I'm missing a couple.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I tell you what , that juke move he put on to score ,he could probably play running back as well.The guy is unbelievable.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Can he play GM though?

See how stupid that is.

Anyway...dude most likely has a solid career to look forward to.
Are the Cowboys just throwing darts, though? Or is there to something to Jerry sticking with a guy who can hit on a player like Bland in the 5th? Not many out there would have predicted he could even have this kind of career. But since he is having that kind of career, it has to be something other than just luck.

Unless you're only giving him credit for the bad things, who else is behind hiring McCarthy and setting him up with McClay and having those guys work together? It's actually not a bad combination of guys right now and that was Jerry's move.

But, yes that is stupid.. I agree. I'm not not ashamed to say I'm a fan of Jerral Wayne right now.. He's bringing the knowledge he's finally learned out there and could pay off. Or it might now.

8-3 isn't a bad spot to be in for any football team in the NFL.