How Many Years Can TO Maintain His Status As Elite WR?

gbrittain

Reaction score
All right, now that TO is a Cowboy how many years is it conceivable for him to be an elite WR. By elite I am going to say top 5 in the league.

Scotman

Reaction score
In 3 years he'll be about 37 years old. So I say 3 max.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
First off, Its good to hear TO finally signed...

I have been gone from home all day and got the news on espn a little while ago...

I think TO can produce at an elite level for 5+ years. He is only 31 now and is still in tremendous physical condition. He is a workout warrior that loves to compete and keep himself in peak physical condition. I think he retires a Cowboy.

burntricersx

Reaction score
I think he could probaby be good for another 5, maybe more. He's just a tremendous athlete that takes care of his body. He's even got a hyperbaric chamber to help him heal faster. He did in 5 weeks, what took Steve Smith to do in 5 months...that's just incredible.

Scotman

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
He'll be 34 in 3 years :rolleyes:
Well, then that's a good thing. I thought he was older. Maybe it's just because I'm older. :eek::

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TO is 32. I voted for 2 years, because once he loses a step at say age 35, he is no better than Key.

aga11ah

Reaction score
3 or 4. i would say 2 normally with WR's his age but hes obviously a freak of nature.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I was looking this up today and Marvin Harrison is over a year older than TO. I know that they're different receivers but father time doesn't care.

jrumann59

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
TO is 32. I voted for 2 years, because once he loses a step at say age 35, he is no better than Key.

TO is head shoulders above Key, Keenan, Jimmy at the same time in their careers and they all are productive, and lets not forget Jerry Rice after he left SF

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
T.O is simply the best WR out there, @ 31 years old. Let me just put it this way: when hes 35 I'll bet he'll be playing like Hines Wards' prime!!.. :)

nah j/k, hes got surely 4 good years in the tank. knowing wut a great athlete he is...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I say he will give us three good years, then he'll be gone after that regardless of his physical conditioning. Teams just like to invest in youth as opposed to in age. At 35, he'll be at that age where teams are looking to release him and add youth to the squad.

TO has an excellent work-out regiment, one that rivals Walter Payton's and Jerry Rice's. That benefits him well in terms of longevity.

Second, he's not really a burner. He's strong, a good route runner and is a break-away threat on determination and hard work. I think with those traits he'll last longer than a receiver who simply relies on speed.

Third, he won't get the ball as much as he did in a WCO. The balance will probably add a few years to his career.