How much does it cost to run the Dallas Cowboys?

munkee

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much in total it costs to run the Cowboys on a yearly basis? I'm talking everything; player salary, coaches salary, travel, cheerleaders, stadium leases, Valley Ranch, equipment replacement, etc.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
munkee;1736595 said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much in total it costs to run the Cowboys on a yearly basis? I'm talking everything; player salary, coaches salary, travel, cheerleaders, stadium leases, Valley Ranch, equipment replacement, etc.

Jerry told me it costs 2.3 mill per year.

TonyRomo#9

correct me if im wrong.. but i think jerry makes atleast a little money of of this..
im sure thats not what you thought though...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As soon as I get the water and light bill from Valley Ranch I can give you a figure. :laugh2:

TonyRomo#9

thats 2 years old i think. and i don't think he is asking worth.. but how much to run. like how much money does jerry put in to it every year.

TonyRomo#9

also theres only 1 person who could probably tell you what it really cost.. he has a press conference soon.

TonyRomo#9

he said including player contracts and all that jazz.. not excluding everything but tony romo's condom supply.. zing!

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
It's tough to find specific information on a privately held team like the Cowboys but the Packers are a publicly held company so their information is readily available.

I haven't looked lately but their total operating expenses were in the neighborhood of $185 million dollars last year.

munkee

Reaction score
Thanks StanleySpadowski! That sure is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Tony Romo;1736635 said:
thats 2 years old i think. and i don't think he is asking worth.. but how much to run. like how much money does jerry put in to it every year.

Right, but it also lists operating income, roster payroll, and net revenue which could be used to gather an approximation of total expenses.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
munkee;1736595 said:

And while we are asking, how much money does Mr. Jones Gross and Net from the Cowboys?

dogberry

Reaction score
Thanks Stanley,

Now looking at a report by Legislative Audit Bureau of Wisconsin. About ten years old. Thanks for the tip.

Kent

Green Bay Packers Financial Statements

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1736701 said:
And while we are asking, how much money does Mr. Jones Gross and Net from the Cowboys?

Probably much, much less than you'd imagine.

The net profits for most teams are peanuts for these owners. Owning a professional sports franchise isn't about making money for most, it's about prestige. The notable exception is little Danny Bonaparte who tries to gouge every last dollar out of his fan base. One of the few with the audacity to try to make a buck on ubstructed view seats and such.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
5Stars;1736603 said:
Jerry told me it costs 2.3 mill per year.

and when we had Coakley it was 5 dollars and Coakley on the trading block and a bag of peanuts to run it...see what happens when you lose a corner stone of your franchise