How our friend Tam...Won tickets to the Rosebowl!

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
He entered an essay contest...Here's the / his winner. And oddly enough...it's all the truth!

I've been a Longhorn fan since I saw the 1969 Ark. game (my Dad told me about us watching it). I have lived and died with each season (football and others) that we've had. I have pledged my allegiance with framed pictures on my walls, every kind of nick-nack you can think of, and as much autographed stuff as I can get my hands on. My pickups have been burnt orange for the last five years. My arm is covered with Longhorn ink.

I decided back in '99 that, after going to many individual games over the years, that even though I couldn't afford it, I was going to get season tickets. I've had 'em ever since.

Every year I have to beg, borrow, and steal to get enough cash to pay my foundation dues and for my tickets. Any time the 'Horns play in Texas, I try to be there. This year has been different. After getting my new job, I took so many days off for the regular season that I couldn't afford to go to Houston. With the exception of '96, it was the only Big XII CCG that I didn't see in person

I have always said that if we ever made the NC game, I would do whatever it took to get there. But after Dad's passing, and me moving back home to take care of Mom, it's not possible. I feel stupid writing this for everyone to see, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Even if I don't win this, if anyone comes across, or has, an extra ticket, I probably can pay face value. If anyone is driving, I can help pay for gas. Can't afford a hotel room, but would even sleep in the car to see this one.