How to fall down in the winter....

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Ok get this. Im walking out of my folks house heading to the gym a couple hours ago. I swing around the back of my truck and step the Docs down on some ice.

*STOP*

Now let me fill you in on how Doc Martins are on ice. The sole of the boot/shoe as most know is made of rubber. Im not talking about that good sailboat sticky shoes kind of rubber. Its just your plain ole run of the mill rubber. Well this stuff hardens up like hockey pucks on the ice. Im not kidding you. Its unreal just how well you can skate on these bad boys.

*STORY TIME MODE ON*

Ok Ok...ANYWAYS. I hit the back of the truck and there go both feet right out from under me. Now to make the event even worse. I slide under....yes UNDER my truck. So here I am in pain and laughing my *** off and cussing my old man while I put my cell phone back together (its cracked now). I told my pops yesterday to put ice melt down. I said "Hey pops..you better get some ice melt down out front or someone is going to break a leg." Well I didnt break my leg but if that tranny would have been 2 inches closer I would have taken out at least a knee at the minimum.

Long story short. Im ok..I know I know...save the applause. You folks be careful out there this winter. And for GODS sakes dont wear your Docs on any ice.

You have been WARNED

BTW. I never did go back inside to tell my folks and brother I just busted my butt and try and clean myself up. Oh NO! That would have been the last thing I would have thought of. Can you imagine the gafaws from that family? I just tucked my wet self into my truck and drove home with wet shirt and pants. My pride spoke. I listened. :)

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/grouplaugh.gif