How to Post An Image Within Your Comment

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a quick tutorial for posting images on CowboysZone. First, make sure the image link is useable. A good link will have (at minimum) three main parts called the scheme, domain and filename. Here is an example:

http://www.fakesite.com/fakeimage.jpg

Scheme - http://
Domain - fakesite.com
Filename - fakeimage.jpg

Make certain the filename is followed immediately with an image file type extension such as jpg, bmp, png, tif, etc. It is highly likely the image will not appear if the image file type extension is missing. Another important thing to remember is to avoid image links containing query strings. Query strings are usually the gobbledygook information at the end of links. Here is an example:

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOW...LrKvTUC0SMzO_LvMrFATDXws1BBcVBm34HWo&usqp=CAU

Be mindful that sometimes these image links work and sometimes they do not.

Image tags can be used to post an image. Simply put [ IMG ] in front of the link and [ /IMG ] after the end of the link but do not leave any blank spaces inside the [] brackets!

The Discussion reply box can easily post an image. Click on the Insert Image symbol on the editor bar like the example below:

BuAP9eM.png

If necessary, click on the link symbol that appears after clicking the Insert Image symbol. Pressing the Control key and the letter P on the keyboard at the same time is a shortcut and will do the same thing.

Next, paste the image link in the field seen below and click the Insert button:

BN5o1kk.jpg

You're done! Your image should appear after you post your comment.

Below is a YouTube video that explains how to get an image link. The video will start at the 1:04 mark. The useful information can be viewed during the next 30 seconds, so it is not necessary to watch the whole video. I did not make the video and I do not sound like that guy. :p

Last edited:

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I've been to many forums for various things, and a few of them have an UPLOAD button, where you can just directly upload a pic from your phone. None of this web-hosting crap. That should be a feature here.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been to many forums for various things, and a few of them have an UPLOAD button, where you can just directly upload a pic from your phone. None of this web-hosting crap. That should be a feature here.
@Reality may wish to weigh in sometime in the future (and correct me if necessary) but I will give my opinion of an upload feature. From my personal understanding (which is limited), all websites are composed of files. On average, image files are larger on average than the operational files running a website.

All images are either hosted off-site or within dedicated folders integrated within the website software. Any website must address any bandwidth issues associated with hosting images but the website owner must pay for the virtual and/or physical storage of all hosted images also.

I am familiar with other websites, of different types and audiences, having an upload feature. Each website owner would consider the pros and cons of having such a feature in relation to the particular website software used, dedicated expense, etc. Naturally, there will be owners in favor of this feature while others will not.