How was the CB play vs SF?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I didn't see the game. How did Jenkins do before the injury? How about Scandrick? Did Newman seem bothered by injury? Was Henry's INT a good play or a badly thrown ball? Any CB blitzes?

Were the CB playing off again, pressing? Did they tackle well?

Who was covering the TE Davis? Did Henry cover him a little or was it the S and LBs?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas played a lot of man, once we built a good lead we did go to more zone coverages

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ninja;2440303 said:
I didn't see the game. How did Jenkins do before the injury? How about Scandrick? Did Newman seem bothered by injury? Was Henry's INT a good play or a badly thrown ball? Any CB blitzes?

Were the CB playing off again, pressing? Did they tackle well?

Who was covering the TE Davis? Did Henry cover him a little or was it the S and LBs?

Keith Davis + V. Davis = V. Davis in the HOF

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Henry has lost a step each week of this season. In a few weeks he will have trouble walking fast:eek: . He can't play CB in the NFL any longer. I now call him the "DRUM." Bruce owned 42. Please get him off the field!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallyjake;2440337 said:
Henry has lost a step each week of this season. In a few weeks he will have trouble walking fast:eek: . He can't play CB in the NFL any longer. I now call him the "DRUM." Bruce owned 42. Please get him off the field!!!

He did have a big int in the endzone after the Cowboy turned the ball over.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Newman gave up a long pass on a "rainbow throw" to Bruce. He wasn't in a bad position but made no play on the ball at all. I think the CB's played okay. Not great and not lousy, just okay. At times it seemed like they thought their job was to let the receiver catch the ball so they could tackle him.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Newman lost a ball in the air ealry. Davis got beat by Davis early. Other than that, the DB's played well.....until Wade got soft in the second half.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I thought it looked decent 'cept for the last six minutes of the game. They had this magic rainbow, we weren't allowed in there, from the hash marks 20 yards down field. It was a Purty little rainbow.............Seemed to work well for them.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Definitely a mix of coverages...The main problem are, unfortunately, was Henry...He always had a cushion and the Niners were routinely targeting him.

Plus, I think with the exception of an impressive stop by Ware on Gore, the LBs were having some trouble staying with Vernon Davis

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the secondary plays like this every week i'll take it. Anything less we'll be giving up 30 points a game. But it was solid. 1st quarter was pretty bad but they cleaned it up through 3 quarters.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440349 said:
He did have a big int in the endzone after the Cowboy turned the ball over.

That was a gift pick...No one misses that int. Really bad throw by 9ers qb.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Had we been playing a more experienced qb it might have gotten ugly. The D put a lot of pressure on the guy so he made some costly mistakes but for the most part we played a soft zone. Newman gave up a couple of deep balls and so did killah. Henry got toasted a few times but came down with an under thrown pass in the endzone. Scandrick should be starting...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallyjake;2440500 said:
That was a gift pick...No one misses that int. Really bad throw by 9ers qb.

Gift? He stayed with his man and got in a better position to make the catch. I agree Henry is not our best cover man but I'm not going to diminish the play he made. It was a big play when the game was still within reach.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440663 said:
Gift? He stayed with his man and got in a better position to make the catch. I agree Henry is not our best cover man but I'm not going to diminish the play he made. It was a big play when the game was still within reach.

Agreed. I've been on the bench Henry bandwagon for a few weeks now, but that was a good play. No need to take it away from him. He makes a bad play, he should be called on it. He makes a good play, he should be given credit for it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2440663 said:

Well, I'd agree that it wasn't a play anyone would've made but it was a bad throw early in the contest.

He did not have a good game, IMHO...More and more he's being exposed whether he's injured and playing through it or has truly lost a few steps

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tomson75;2440670 said:
Agreed. I've been on the bench Henry bandwagon for a few weeks now, but that was a good play. No need to take it away from him. He makes a bad play, he should be called on it. He makes a good play, he should be given credit for it.

Exactly. I'm not trying to blindly defend him but I'm not going to blindly knock him either. I think our future will be with guys like Jenkins and Scandrick and both have been seeing playing time within the defense but evidently the staff does not feel comfortable enough just yet to bench Henry. I know some don't care what the staff thinks but they are with these guys day in and day out and know a lot more about where these players are than fans do. In the end that day may come sooner rather than later but as of now they are going with the players they think give them the best chance to win

Powerdad23

Reaction score
Dallyjake;2440337 said:
I'd be embarassed if I was Wade to put such a sorry *** DB on the field. It makes you wonder about the rest of Wade's decisions.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Davis was burned badly at least twice and both were TD if VD didn't drop the 2nd. He was wayy out of position on coverage. The guy will lay a hit though no doubt.
Newman is probably hurt again unfortunately, he just didn't look right.
Jenkins is hurt w/ a hamstring injury.
Henry has become a liability at CB and this won't be overlooked. He just doesn't seem to have the speed/burst.
Watkins was run over on a TD play and injured.
I can't remember Scandrick in the game, not necessarily a bad thing though.
Hamlin seemed to be a couple of steps late lately on the deep pass, hope that improves.
I think Pacman better get it together and keep it that way because Dallas needs him.
Maybe Ty Law wouldn't have been a bad choice for the season, he did a pretty good job on Moss.