Video: How will CeeDee Lamb improve the Cowboys?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
:facepalm:

You must've not watched the analysis.

Lamb will allow Cooper to move into the slot much more where he is even more productive and dangerous.

Cooper is going to be more dangerous than ever.
It will almost be unfair. When you consider how it is almost impossible to effectively double an average WR in the slot; what Cooper will do in this new offense may justify his contract in one season. Of course this is provided he can stay healthy.

J12B

Reaction score
It will almost be unfair. When you consider how it is almost impossible to effectively double an average WR in the slot; what Cooper will do in this new offense may justify his contract in one season. Of course this is provided he can stay healthy.

Exactly. If Cooper gets a free release he is going to be an open target. Lamb allows that because he can play outside and still be a threat.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he will help the cowboys in the hair care department.
He has dreamy hair.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Exactly. If Cooper gets a free release he is going to be an open target. Lamb allows that because he can play outside and still be a threat.
Agreed. The learning curb is easier for Lamb if he can stay outside more as well IMO. I get that he can play all 3 positions but learning the exotic disguising of defenses in the NFL can sometimes be harder for WRs which is why typically WRs usually take a full season to adjust to the NFL.....see Gallup.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As far as the McCarthy/Green Bay deep ball stats goes, one of the the things people tend to forget is WCO's have a lot of vertical passing. People tend to associate a WCO with slants. While that is accurate, its only part of it

plasticman

Reaction score
He could improve the Cowboys simply by being on the field.

In a three receiver set, one of these WR's, Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb, is going to be covered by the opponent's third best DB.

In a three receiver set plus Jarwin, who is athletic enough to be a midrange to deep target, it would be practically impossible to load the box to defend the run.

Such a lineup truly means the opponent's defense must pick their poison, both choices extremely lethal.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By allowing us to get rid of the overpaid #19 after 2021 and use that money elsewhere.
I don't know if that's true or not - remains to be seen how Cooper does - but I think it's pretty clear that it will be hard to keep all 3 in a couple of years (Lamb, Cooper and Gallup), and Lamb gives us a chance to still have a strong receiving group if we end up having to part ways with either Cooper or Gallup.

Shorter term he will be a younger, and hopefully better replacement for Cobb.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't know if that's true or not - remains to be seen how Cooper does - but I think it's pretty clear that it will be hard to keep all 3 in a couple of years (Lamb, Cooper and Gallup), and Lamb gives us a chance to still have a strong receiving group if we end up having to part ways with either Cooper or Gallup.

Shorter term he will be a younger, and hopefully better replacement for Cobb.
Gallup is only seeming to get better unless he hit his ceiling or they are so afraid of Cooper he is getting the worst cb to cover him. Dak and Lamb need to get on the same page early and often this year. Make them fear all 3 on the field at the same time. Line up 4 wide and run Elliot.

Flamma

Reaction score
By allowing us to get rid of the overpaid #19 after 2021 and use that money elsewhere.

This made me crack up. But in the mean time he is going to help Lamb get a lot of yards. But yeah, his contract is not sustainable past 2021 unless Dak is gone and we have a rookie at QB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
:facepalm:

You must've not watched the analysis.

Lamb will allow Cooper to move into the slot much more where he is even more productive and dangerous.

Cooper is going to be more dangerous than ever.
Yes, and I welcome that. For two years.

Then we will need to choose between Lamb, plus Cooper OR Gallup.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I bet you both are great at parties.
Cant speak for Roy, but you misunderstood.

I'm the guy with the lampshade on head.

Hey, I'm as guilty as everyone at pretending/hoping things are what they arent with this team....

But come two years from now its not going to be Cooper, Lamb AND Gallup...its gonna be two of them, and I'm pretty sure getting rid of the highest paid one is going to be the answer.

I do look forward to seeing what Cooper can do in the slot in this lineup, and is also why I advocate moves like a Clowney or Adams...going for it...while we can still afford it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is going to be great possibilities for the slot receiver. Let’s get back to dink dunk methodical move the ball football . And then hit them deep when the opportunity is there . I can’t wait to watch this offense now that Jason is gone