How will Greg Ellis do at OLB this year?

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys thought. I think he could be a real threat. We could see more than his eight sacks he had last year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't like any of the options that you chose to put in your poll. It iwould be hard to be dissapointed with a guy making this kind of move. I don't have great expectations from him because the move is so difficult at this point in his career. I think he will be adequate in a rotation of OLB and DE in the nickel package along with other players.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I am excited about this move and I think we will be a solid player at this position. We probably will not see any serious production out of him until the second-half of th season as he makes the transition though. I am most excited about the different packages that moving Ellis to SOLB brings. He gives Dallas a 2-position option like Ware on the other side.

I believe Carpenter will make this interesting also if he can play both ILB and SOLB. And don't forget about Ayodele and James. We can present all sorts of looks to confuse the offense and disguise our blitz schemes. The posibilites are endless...

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I am excited about this move and I think we will be a solid player at this position. We probably will not see any serious production out of him until the second-half of th season as he makes the transition though. I am most excited about the different packages that moving Ellis to SOLB brings. He gives Dallas a 2-position option like Ware on the other side.

I believe Carpenter will make this interesting also if he can play both ILB and SOLB. And don't forget about Ayodele and James. We can present all sorts of looks to confuse the offense and disguise our blitz schemes. The posibilites are endless...

I agree with all those assumptions.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Quite honestly, I think Parcells likes the player and knows what he is capable of. He isn't going to ask him to do too much that he can't do.