How Would You Guys Like To Take Over The Philadelphia Airwaves?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
As many of you may know, 610 WIP, is the primary sports talk radio show in the Philadelphia area. The format is for the most part, caller based, with 10-15 callers an hour. I never actually counted.

At this time of the year it's especially sickening with all the unfounded Eagles enthusiasm. I WANT TO URINATE ON THAT ENTUSIASM. I don't want to wait until we rip out thier hearts Oct 8th. I want their misery to start now.
AND I'M CALLING ON ALL MY FELLOW ZONERS TO HELP.

You guys would not believe the non-stop misinformation this station reports on the Cowboys. On almost a daily basis this station edits sound bites of TO and Parcells out of context. If this is were your primary sports news source, you'd think TO was getting cut and Parcells was about to quit.

HERE'S MY PLAN: I WANT TO CREATE A CALLER SCHEDULE FOR US ZONERS WITH THE GOAL OF HAVING ONE OF US CALL THE STATION EVERY 10-15 MINUTES. WE CAN REFUTE ALL THE MISINFORMATION PROPAGATED BY THE HOSTS AND CALLERS. WE CAN ALSO ATTEMPT TO DENEGRATE THEIR TEAM AND FANS.

I'm not sure what all of your initial responses will be to this idea.
However, if you hate the eagles and their fans, this is for you.
Let me assure you. These people hate the Cowboys and they hate us.
But what they really hate is when Cowboy fans call their station and invade their airwaves. It drives them freaking nuts.

We can all have alot of fun listening over the internet. www.610wip.com

How many active members do we have?
Anyone have any thoughts on how we can get this started?
How might we make and give the members a chance to fill the calling schedule?
What are all of your thoughts?

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I listen to the station often. That idiot howard eskin is the biggest e-girl homer on the planet. Lurie must be slipping him something on the side, because he's never critical of philty. Eskin would just call us cockroaches and hang up on us.

The other host seem to be a little more objective in their thoughts. Eskin gets under my skin though.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
they just hang up on boys fans, and look at your audience on that station......not worth the effort.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ESKIN MAKES ME SICK. I SWARE HE MUST MAKE MORE FORM THE EAGLES THAN WIP.
Screw him. Let him hang up. Because he'd be getting another Cowboy caller in 10 minutes. And then another and then another. That's the point.

Any thoughts on how we can get this started?

phillycard

Reaction score
sonnyboy said:
ESKIN MAKES ME SICK. I SWARE HE MUST MAKE MORE FORM THE EAGLES THAN WIP.
Screw him. Let him hang up. Because he'd be getting another Cowboy caller in 10 minutes. And then another and then another. That's the point.

Any thoughts on how we can get this started?

sonnyboy, no way no how you pull that off. Like phillycowboy said, they'd just bang on you. If you're not calling Eskin, than you may get thru with someone else, but the eagles suck calls will not happen. They'll usually engage you, but you better come with intelligent diatribe. It sounds like you just want to rile them up. I love the idea, don't get me wrong. No one hates the eagles and they're fans as much as I do, but the station won't allow a Cowboy fan takeover in a million years. Maybe the week leading up to the game would be a better time to try this?

Hoov

Reaction score
look, if you go calling that station up and act the way most eagles fans act toward the cowboys, they will get the best of you, make you sound stupid, cut you off and then use your comments to make us look even worse. and then the rest of the hour they will have eagle fans call in and take everything you say and twist it and have a field day with it. they will love it.

cmon, they've been doing this long enough to know how to deal with that and make it work to their advantage.

and wait till you listen to that station on "dallas" week. you will be so tempted to call because the things they report will be absurd. dont do it, but wait until after an eagles loss when they are whining and down and ready to jump off a building and life has lost all meaning. Then call in and pretend your an eagles fan and act like you have something intelligent to say, but rip the team, and you will get all the eagles fans calling in and joining you.