Hoyte, Fowler, K Coleman, Austin - Trade Baits still?

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
We are pretty heavy at DE, LB, and WR at moment. Are these guys still trade bait?

I know Parcells has talked frequently about BIG guys, like Coleman. He says they are very hard to find. Maybe Raitliff plays some at nose and Coleman is in on run D plays? Hence the Stanley cut (he'll probably get to PS).

I'm surprised both Hoyte and Fowler made it. Hoyte played awesome on kick/punt coverage and made it on that if nothing else, but do we need both these guys. Surprised Boiman got cut, but we were a bunch younger and deeper at LB than expected.

I'm blown away Austin got a spot, especially with a guy like Petiti let go. Austin played 3rd string all camp as far as I remember and maybe only 3rd string because TO and Terry and Crayton all missed time. I'm really looking forward to Bill's explanations for some of these moves. I don't think the churning is done yet either.

We are a bit too deep at the spots listed and wouldn't mind looking at OG/OT, TE, NT, and punt/kick return options that are out there I'm sure.

Really interesting developments on roster.

One thing I do love is that Parcells really means it when he says you have to show me something or anyone could be gone. Guys that show up in games and practice are getting the spots and that really keeps the motor running for bubble guys in offseason, preseason, and at practice. I know TO and Vandy don't fit in that statement, but they are exceptions as high priced longterm veterans that you give the benefit of doubt to.

LarryCanadian

jbsg02

Reaction score
I guess they think Miles Austin can help on punt returns, I can't see why else theyd keep him

Woods

Reaction score
That M. Austin is on the roster was the biggest surprise to me. He did have the TD vs. the Saints, but I didn't think he really did much otherwise - atleast in the games. BP obviously saw a ton of potential.

As for keeping both Fowler and Hoyte, I'd have to guess that one of them (Fowler?) is trade bait.

I hope we can get another NT in the next day or so.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jbsg02 said:
I guess they think Miles Austin can help on punt returns, I can't see why else theyd keep him

Maybe Special Teams as well, P & KO teams. Seems he was in on some good tackles.
He has the speed to get downfield and good size. Project at WR...ala R. williams.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
I would have kept Boiman over Fowler in a second, which is about how long he'll stay on the waiver wire, id be surprised if he hasnt signed with someone yet.