Hoyte Won't play until Neck 100%

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys | Hoyte will not play until his neck is 100 percent
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:28:39 -0700

Mac Engel, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys FB Oliver Hoyte (neck) has been cleared to play, but head coach Wade Phillips will not play Hoyte until his neck is 100 percent.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
i think its a smart move. hes not really an important piece to say he needs to get back so getting him 100% is the smart thing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cricket will fill in nicely...no worries here.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1741741 said:
Cricket will fill in nicely...no worries here.

I agree - I like Anderson as a receiver a lot. He will get better as a blocker with experience. He is a willing hitter.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Hoyte is a better run blocker, especially on traps and counter plays but Anderson is a better receiver (as already mentioned). If the o-line doesn't wear out Philly's d-line early I expect the running game to suffer.

maybe cricket can do to the e-girls what Karney did to us last year

:crossed:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hoyte's game is all about blowing up defenders. If he isn't 100%, he's not going to be able to do what we like for him to do.

So... I think this is exactly the right thing to do. Cricket is a good player anyway and he's the future of the FB position.

Let Hoyte get completely well so he can knock out LB's on the stretch run.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
One of the reports on his injury stated that this particular type of injury is extremely susceptible to re-injury. Just precaution.

sago1

Reaction score
Hoyte got the (neck) stinger originally in TC, and a few weeks into the season, he reinjuried it again. Nothing to play around with and Cricket will have to do. I'm sure during the bye Cricket was given extra practice on blocking, identificaton of the blitz, etc.