Hurd could replace Owens

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Cowboys | Hurd could replace Owens
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:42:06 -0700

Dallas Cowboys WR Sam Hurd could replace WR Terrell Owens (finger) in the lineup. Hurd plays the same spot as Owens and excelled in training camp this season. WR Patrick Crayton's experience could lead to him holding the job at first which would allow Hurd to be eased into the mix.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Owens wont miss a game ..... so it dont matter.

$5 says he makes a triumphant return against philly...this injury could work out perfect for him so he can hurry his recovery and play a great clutch game

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
zrinkill said:
Owens wont miss a game ..... so it dont matter.

Owens shouldn't have to play in the Tennessee game. Save him for the Eagles. He won't miss that game, that's for sure.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
That was my thought once Parcells said that Crayton wouldn't replace him. Rector is obviously more of a Glenn type player, so that pretty much leaves Hurd. If so I'm happy for him. He went from undrafted free agent to starting WR on the Cowboys by week 4.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I think he'll dress for the Titans and play as needed. Probably run a lot of decoy routes.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He will have a career day against the Titans. Book it!

vicjagger

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Is this the official bench Owen and play Hurd thread?:eek:

No, I think it's the " Go Sam Hurd, while TO's recovering" thread.

jrumann59

Reaction score
AB played with a similar injury a few years ago, thats how he got the "Tony Fingers" Moniker.

dricas24

Reaction score
If this was the preseason then yeah T.O would be out, but this is the regular season when it all matters. T.O will play against the Titans as he did in the super bowl.

Frozen700

Reaction score
yea believe TO will play..and as somebody said...so we dont re injure him really..or leave him with a sore hand..we'll prolly use him as a decoy...n send him on a few fly routes...we dun need him going over the middle catching bullets n likely jaming his ****

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
That was my thought once Parcells said that Crayton wouldn't replace him. Rector is obviously more of a Glenn type player, so that pretty much leaves Hurd. If so I'm happy for him. He went from undrafted free agent to starting WR on the Cowboys by week 4.

the reason Bill said that Crayton probably won't be filling in for TO, is because last year, Bill had Crayton playing Glenn's position, the "X", in hopes of helping Glenn get through games, so Hurd has been practicing, and playing in preseason, mainly at the "Y" receiver position, although he has practiced at every WR position, which was Key's last year, and now TO's position, so he would be 1st to go in place of TO because he's been getting the bulk of the work there

this is for anyone else if you're kinda confused as to why Hurd, and not Crayton, would be the 1st to fill in for TO although Crayton has more experience

Hailmary

Reaction score
Since there's really no chance of further damaging the finger, my gut tells me TO will suit for Tenn. also. I think his size could present matchup problems if he's covered by Pacman Jones.

And if he doesn't suit up, why no mention of Austin Miles. We underestimated him making the final 53 and he's surprised us all. Could he surprise us again?

billknows

Reaction score
dricas24 said:
If this was the preseason then yeah T.O would be out, but this is the regular season when it all matters. T.O will play against the Titans as he did in the super bowl.

Tape and play, ...and TO quit being a wus..nuff said!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
And if he doesn't suit up, why no mention of Austin Miles. We underestimated him making the final 53 and he's surprised us all. Could he surprise us again?
I guess we don't think about Austin Miles simply because we saw so very little of him in pre-season. Which is also why we are all surprised that he made the team. He is something of an enigma at this point.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I am hoping T.O will be in the line-up.....it is almost 3 weeks and he is tough

sago1

Reaction score
We didn't see much of Austin in preseason games because, after that 1st game, Parcells tried to hide him so Austin would make it thru waivers to our PS. Unfortunately after our scouts checked around, they told Parcells other teams had seen enough of Austin in that 1st game that he wouldn't make it thru waivers (so we could put him on our PS) so Parcells elected keep him on the team rather then risk losing him.

Having said all that, I think Rector & Hurd are further along in their development. Besides Hurd knows/has played all our WR positions and would seem be obvious choice if TO can't go against Tennessee. Of course, we haven't seen how any of our WRs play since season started cause outsiders (that means writers) can't watch team practices.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
Owens shouldn't have to play in the Tennessee game. Save him for the Eagles. He won't miss that game, that's for sure.

I agree, don't push your luck, you know? Why bring him back before he's ready for the freaking Texans.