Hypothetical Trade Up

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Not withstanding the mock draft simulator sites that are completely unrealistic and the fact that I’m not a draft expert; basically forming my opinion about prospects from what I hear from the likes ESPN, the Athletic, NFL network, and other personalities, it seems pick 58 isn’t ideal. Would any one be willing to combine our 2nd and 3rd to move up? Here is my hypothetical situation, pick any 2 (1 from the 1st and 2nd) of the following players divided by rounds and would you be willing to sacrifice 3rd to make it happen? Didn’t include WR because I’m completely unsure how they are going to come off the board. I’m confident JSN won’t be there but not the others. Include WRs if you like, just explain what round they would be drafted. Players not listed I’m 99% will not be available. Obviously some others listed will be gone also. I think all players will be gone by 58 but could be wrong. The object of the post thread is just to see zones opinions on prospects and the willingness to trade up.

RB
1) Bijan Robinson - 1st Round
2) Jahmyr Gibbs - 2nd Round

TE
1) Michael Mayer - 1st Round
2) Dalton Kincaid - 1st Round
3) Darnell Washington - 1st Round
4) Luke Musgrave - 2nd Round

DT
1) Cajijah Kancey - 1st Round
2) Bryan Bresee - 1st Round
3) Mazi Smith - 2nd Round
4) Keanu Benton - 2nd Round

Edge
1) Lukas Van Ness - 1st Round
2) Nolan Smith - 1st Round
3) Will McDonald - 2nd Round
4) Keion White - 2nd Round

Linebacker
1) Trenton Simpson - 2nd Round
2) Drew Sanders - 2nd Round
3) Jack Campbell - 2nd Round

Offensive Line
1) O’Cyrus Torrence - 1st Round
2) Darnell Wright - 1st Round
3) Cody Mauch - 2nd Round
4) Steve Avila - 2nd Round
5) Dawand Jones - 2nd Round
6) John Michael Smith - 2nd Round

Defensive Backs
1) Brian Branch - 1st Round
2) Deonte Banks - 1st Round
3) Kelee Ringo - 2nd Round
4) Emmanuel Forbes - 2nd Round
5) Cam Smith - 2nd Round

My ideal mock with a trade up:
1) Bijan Robinson - I know zoners opinions about RBs in the 1st but he is just too good to pass up. (Who knows if he will be available)
2) Steve Avila - Think him and Smith can solidify the left side for maybe the next decade

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset about Bijan and Avila if they fall to Dallas, but I'm not a fan of early round trade ups unless it's a franchise-changer. I wouldn't put a RB or guard in that category.

I also know some are anti-first round RB, but at pick 26 it's a lot different than 4th overall. Plus, as a first rounder, you get a 5th year option. Run the heck out of him for five years and move on, unless you're silly enough to make him the highest paid RB in football. Fortunately, the Cowboys would never do such a thing.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset about Bijan and Avila if they fall to Dallas, but I'm not a fan of early round trade ups unless it's a franchise-changer. I wouldn't put a RB or guard in that category.

I also know some are anti-first round RB, but at pick 26 it's a lot different than 4th overall. Plus, as a first rounder, you get a 5th year option. Run the heck out of him for five years and move on, unless you're silly enough to make him the highest paid RB in football. Fortunately, the Cowboys would never do such a thing.

Thanks for the reply - just trying to start a conversation about the draft

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I would not be a fan of taking Robinson at 26 - but, if we are wiped out on the draft board, I get it.
That would make Pollard obsolete next year.
I doubt Avilla will still be on the board at 56, but again if he was, I would run the card up and think that would be our best pick all weekend.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The more I watch these college guys, the more I think Jalin Hyatt might be someone we target round 1.

Even Josh Downs.

I see us taking OL, WR or DL in the first.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not withstanding the mock draft simulator sites that are completely unrealistic and the fact that I’m not a draft expert; basically forming my opinion about prospects from what I hear from the likes ESPN, the Athletic, NFL network, and other personalities, it seems pick 58 isn’t ideal. Would any one be willing to combine our 2nd and 3rd to move up? Here is my hypothetical situation, pick any 2 (1 from the 1st and 2nd) of the following players divided by rounds and would you be willing to sacrifice 3rd to make it happen? Didn’t include WR because I’m completely unsure how they are going to come off the board. I’m confident JSN won’t be there but not the others. Include WRs if you like, just explain what round they would be drafted. Players not listed I’m 99% will not be available. Obviously some others listed will be gone also. I think all players will be gone by 58 but could be wrong. The object of the post thread is just to see zones opinions on prospects and the willingness to trade up.

RB
1) Bijan Robinson - 1st Round
2) Jahmyr Gibbs - 2nd Round

TE
1) Michael Mayer - 1st Round
2) Dalton Kincaid - 1st Round
3) Darnell Washington - 1st Round
4) Luke Musgrave - 2nd Round

DT
1) Cajijah Kancey - 1st Round
2) Bryan Bresee - 1st Round
3) Mazi Smith - 2nd Round
4) Keanu Benton - 2nd Round

Edge
1) Lukas Van Ness - 1st Round
2) Nolan Smith - 1st Round
3) Will McDonald - 2nd Round
4) Keion White - 2nd Round

Linebacker
1) Trenton Simpson - 2nd Round
2) Drew Sanders - 2nd Round
3) Jack Campbell - 2nd Round

Offensive Line
1) O’Cyrus Torrence - 1st Round
2) Darnell Wright - 1st Round
3) Cody Mauch - 2nd Round
4) Steve Avila - 2nd Round
5) Dawand Jones - 2nd Round
6) John Michael Smith - 2nd Round

Defensive Backs
1) Brian Branch - 1st Round
2) Deonte Banks - 1st Round
3) Kelee Ringo - 2nd Round
4) Emmanuel Forbes - 2nd Round
5) Cam Smith - 2nd Round

My ideal mock with a trade up:
1) Bijan Robinson - I know zoners opinions about RBs in the 1st but he is just too good to pass up. (Who knows if he will be available)
2) Steve Avila - Think him and Smith can solidify the left side for maybe the next decade
Depending on who remains available, I might try to trade down from #26 to later in the 1st and then use that pick to trade up in the 2nd.

JBS

Reaction score
Depending on who remains available, I might try to trade down from #26 to later in the 1st and then use that pick to trade up in the 2nd.
This is the dream move

snag Gibbs and Musgrave in whichever order and we are cookin

RandyOh

Reaction score
The more I watch these college guys, the more I think Jalin Hyatt might be someone we target round 1.

Even Josh Downs.

I see us taking OL, WR or DL in the first.
i dont see a WR in the 1st at all tbh. Cooks trade killed that. if we go offense in the 1st its most likely gonna be RB or TE.