I am Confused about the Team!

rwalters31

Reaction score
This is my dilemma, the preseason has shown me that we are only one deep at all positions, reading the post here on CZ the defense will carry the offense or the tackle, safety, and are the weak link in the defense and offense will carry the defense. The offense sucks because the wide receivers are the weak link.

Some say that the new DT Woods will be the savior and others say he is a camp body.

The passing game could not win a game against a college team.

The TEs are garbage.

The secondary is looking thin.

Oh my god, we are doomed!!!:(:confused::banghead:

Swanny

Reaction score
This is my dilemma, the preseason has shown me that we are only one deep at all positions, reading the post here on CZ the defense will carry the offense or the tackle, safety, and are the weak link in the defense and offense will carry the defense. The offense sucks because the wide receivers are the weak link.

Some say that the new DT Woods will be the savior and others say he is a camp body.

The TEs are garbage.

All this talk about no depth is getting old. The depth is good. This is the NFL you only get 53 players. And there are only say 20 players on each team that good players. The back ups are back ups for a reason. You are not going to have superstars at every starting position and you are definitely not going to have superstars as backups. Every team is in the same boat when it comes to depth.

blueblood70

Reaction score

The TEs are garbage.

isn't this what TC and offseason is for? to answer these questions/.. No way was someone just going to come in and be the next Jason W..its an open comp right now and I guarantee by game 2 if the TE postion is a liability and Dak needs all the help he can get, we will go find a Vet to step in and bridge the gap..right now they need to give all reps to the young guys..IMO Swaim is 1 by default, Rico 2 because ability to cause mismatches and all others battling to change this order..

right now we dont need a vet eating up snaps for young guys..it was the argument for a few years here but reality is

63 560 8.9 5
thats Wittens last year stats.. I believe we can replace that , not easy but its not his typical 1k yards and 10td seasons but no one believed these guys can replace his HOF numbers but 560yarrds and handful of TDs seems pretty average and attainable for any starter that Dak gets comfortable with..

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like every other preseason to me. Also, the receivers don't look bad at all. Beasely and Austin haven't really played yet. A tight end will emerge.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
isn't this what TC and offseason is for? to answer these questions/.. No way was someone just going to come in and be the next Jason W..its an open comp right now and I guarantee by game 2 if the TE postion is a liability and Dak needs all the help he can get, we will go find a Vet to step in and bridge the gap..right now they need to give all reps to the young guys..IMO Swaim is 1 by default, Rico 2 because ability to cause mismatches and all others battling to change this order..

right now we dont need a vet eating up snaps for young guys..it was the argument for a few years here but reality is

63 560 8.9 5
thats Wittens last year stats.. I believe we can replace that , not easy but its not his typical 1k yards and 10td seasons but no one believed these guys can replace his HOF numbers but 560yarrds and handful of TDs seems pretty average and attainable for any starter that Dak gets comfortable with..
Rico isn't number 2 TE. He doesn't even know his assignments. I think someone said he has moved to number 3 in front of Shultz but I have yet to see it for sure.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has call out thread and move me to the drama zone written all over it.

So...Off you go

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This WR group hasn't done anything yet to indicate to me that they're the "weak link."

That title goes to TE and our depth at OL.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So what you’re saying is you haven’t watched any of the games lol

Flamma

Reaction score

The TEs are garbage.

One deep? Don't ever expect to see our 2nd and 3rd string playing in a game that counts. In pre season we will see a ton of them on the field at the same time, not going to happen at any point in the year unless we're up 30 points in the 4th. What counts is our first string players. During the season you might see a few replaced due to fatigue or injury, but never the amount you see in preseason. Also consider our WRs going into this season are better than the last. Witten and Dez were well past their prime and almost a non factor.

GMO415

Reaction score
23 years and no NFC Championships nor SBs.....confusion gone man!