I am jealous of the Vikings

chicago JK

Reaction score
Weird to be jealous of a team who has never won anything and probably won't, but here we are.

They got off the Kirk Cousins merry-go-round. Drafted a QB in the first round and protected themselves by picking up a former high pick who has never broken through.

They have a young head coach.

They went into free agency and grabbed a good running back.

Just fresh. Not stale. They will probably peak out and come back to earth. But it is not the same old, same old...hoping for different results.

And somehow found a way to trade Andrew Booth to a sucker team :)

sbark

Reaction score
They found a way to recesitate Darnold, who when JJ returns next yr... will have trade value.

Great coaching job all around...coaching matters

Booth trade was for Nashon Wright....i believe straight up....no not much downside. Dont see Wright active for minn.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Weird to be jealous of a team who has never won anything and probably won't, but here we are.

They got off the Kirk Cousins merry-go-round. Drafted a QB in the first round and protected themselves by picking up a former high pick who has never broken through.

Just fresh. Not stale. They will probably peak out and come back to earth. But it is not the same old, same old...hoping for different results.

If you are so jealous of them, just be a fan of them for this year. We don't need front runners. Exactly what have the Vikings ever won??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You’re free to root for them instead of the Cowboys. It’s a free country.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They found a way to recesitate Darnold, who when JJ returns next yr... will have trade value.

Booth trade was for Nashon Wright....i believe straight up....no not much downside. Dont see Wright active for minn.
Who will have trade value, Darnold or JJ? Darnold is on a one year contract. He will be a free agent after the season.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Vikings made a huge mistake drafting JJ. The guy is not a good QB. You can hide that pretty well in college when Michigan would just out talent the rest of the slow, non athletic Big 10 on a weekly basis and he would only be counted on to make a few throws here and there. Michigan was an old school offense and just pounded the ball up the middle all game. No idea why they thought he was a 1st round talent. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures once Cousins left.

I don't think JJ will ever be as good as Sam Darnold. I think Darnold got placed on a terrible franchise and it ruined him. Jets ruin QBs like the Bears do.

Let's say Darnold keeps this up and they have a real good year. Do they just let go of the known for the unknown in JJ? I would almost try and dangle him as the trade bait instead.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you are so jealous of them, just be a fan of them for this year. We don't need front runners. Exactly what have the Vikings ever won??
They did win an NFL Championship game back in the season of '69. Right before the leagues merged. Probably great memories for someone.

exciter

Reaction score
Vikes D coordinator is the real deal.
Per Foxsports the Vikings currently are ranked 23rd overall defense in yards per game.
They’re ranked 2nd vs run at 75 ypg but
Are dead last vs the pass at 274 ypg!