I am totally with Brady Tinker on special teams coach read being cut,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i would like to go on record here and say i am totally on board with brady tinker on our special teams coach read, he needs to be cut or released, now is that all his fault no

the players play the game, but evidently the players dont get it with read as special teams coach and they dont fear him as special teams coach because they keep making the stupid dumb mistakes

will read get cut or released, probably not because softie wade phillips doesnt like to cut coaches, but something has to be done, to get our special teams back to a elite unit, its sure not happening with read as special teams coach

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think firing people in the middle of a season, especially during a week filled with crisis is a severe mistake.

Read isnt doing anything now he didnt do last year or this summer.

No need for firings. We need our players to play better and play with the intensity that shows they know what is on the line week in and week out.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
theebs;2337634 said:
I think firing people in the middle of a season, especially during a week filled with crisis is a severe mistake.

Read isnt doing anything now he didnt do last year or this summer.

No need for firings. We need our players to play better and play with the intensity that shows they know what is on the line week in and week out.
they would play better if there jobs depended on it. You need undrafted free agents and late round picks on special teams. Guys that know they are week to week in the NFL. Not 1st round picks like Spencer or Carpenter...or 2nd round picks like Bennet and Burnett. These guys are not used to special teams. They are used to being the man. I betcha their attitude is "Special teams are beneath me"

ndanger

Reaction score
Hostile;2337591 said:
Coaches get fired. Players get cut or released.
I think Al Davis would cut a coach, he seems like he might be packing a blade.
I don't think he would release a coach. He would rather throw 'em up on the bank and watch them flop around till they die. That's my best gangster and fishing analogy I could come up with on short notice.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i think thats part of the problem bbailey, some of these guys dont have the attitude for special teams, especially bobby carpenter,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
at same time, darren woodson played on special teams for years, and he was a number 2 pick,

i just think the playes on special teams dont fear read, thats why they dont play good, you have to fear your coach and respect him too, if you dont, you wont learn anything and keep making same mistakes, and the coaches are responsible when they let those same players make those mistakes too

just by wade phillips saying im very upset and im going to hold those players accountable, wont make it happen,you have to take action,

you cant hold a players hand and be his buddy, and good ole boy, you have to take action to change players behavior

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2337628 said:
I wouldn't mind him being fired but for some reason I just don't see it happening.

Wade wouldn't do it. If it happen it would be Jerry forcing Wade's hand.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the name Brady Tinker and I don't like seeing threads with Brady Tinker's name in it.

It reminds me of the Mr Tinkertrain song ozzy did years ago.

No more Brady Tinker.

;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2337667 said:
I don't like the name Brady Tinker and I don't like seeing threads with Brady Tinker's name in it.

It reminds me of the Mr Tinkertrain song ozzy did years ago.

No more Brady Tinker.

;)

Seriously, who the hell is Brady Tinker and why does he deserve threads dedicated to his sports opinions?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
TheCount;2337684 said:
Seriously, who the hell is Brady Tinker and why does he deserve threads dedicated to his sports opinions?
because cowboyjoe listens to there radio shows, and everytime they say something that he thinks is important, he feels the need to let us fellow cowboy fans know in it's own individual thread.

zeromaster

Reaction score
TheCount;2337684 said:
He's probably infiltrated the board in the past and is pumping his show.

Hey, it's the week for conspiracies. :D

FCBarca

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2337628 said:
I wouldn't mind him being fired but for some reason I just don't see it happening.

After the season he had last season, if he wasn't fired in the summer, hard to understand why he'd be fired in the middle of the season...Very odd choice to continue with Reed

onetrickpony

Reaction score
Wasn't Wade fired as HC in before because he refused to fire his special teams coach?

Somebody with a better memory than mine help me out here, please.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;2337591 said:
Coaches get fired. Players get cut or released.

Firing is not good enough for this one. Cut with extremely prejudicial intentions.

Deep_South

Reaction score
For those who are wondering, Brady Tinker has a show called something like DFW Sportsbeat on Fox Sports Southwest twice a week, Directv channel 676. Good show, usually a long segment about the Cowboys and visits with Canty and Spears for their radio show.