I believe TO is hurt

burmafrd

Reaction score
Since we hardly talk about TO on this board I thought I would toss in my 27 cents worth (inflation gets everything sooner or later)

I think he is hurt and he is spooked some since a hammy is just about as dangerous as a groin pull; either one can get real nasty if you do not let it heal right. Look at last year with Henry- he came back too quick and was never right the rest of the year. TO works like a fiend in the offseason to stay in shape; so this has got to really eat at him. He cannot flash in practice and show off if he is riding a bike; but he is smart enough to realize that he has to let it heal. I just hope BP does not lose patience.

superpunk

Reaction score
He knows his body, Bill knows that he knows his body. Terrell knows that Bill knows that Terrell knows his body.

Things will be fine.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I will give TO a pass on this one myself. I had a hammy problem back in March it's still not right. :lmao2:

Seriously.....I believe he's hurt or he would be on the practice field. ;)

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I second this thread. I am all for a player resting a hammy.

Hamtaro anyone?

hamtaro.jpg

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Since we hardly talk about TO on this board I thought I would toss in my 27 cents worth (inflation gets everything sooner or later)

hahaha, that was a good intro

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I also had a hamstring problem when I played semi-pro (12 years ago) and it never completely healed until after the season when I didn't play any sports for like 3 months.

But during the season, it would feel great, and then I would go out there and in 2 plays I'd be hurt again. And this went on all year, it was completely upsetting because you think it's ready to go after all you've done for it, and it never is.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
burmafrd said:

I think he is hurt and he is spooked some since a hammy is just about as dangerous as a groin pull; either one can get real nasty if you do not let it heal right. Look at last year with Henry- he came back too quick and was never right the rest of the year. TO works like a fiend in the offseason to stay in shape; so this has got to really eat at him. He cannot flash in practice and show off if he is riding a bike; but he is smart enough to realize that he has to let it heal. I just hope BP does not lose patience.

So true hammy's are a strange injury. There may be no visible evidence but the damned thing can linger and linger. That and a groin pull can be worse than you can imagine especially for someone who relies on speed and quickness. One little jerk and you are down and out. Ride the damned bike. Let it heal and be right for the season opener. We all know what he can do on the field the timing for him and Drew will come once we really get into the latter part of training camp. The true focus should be on opening day. He just needs to be ready to score three touchdowns and be :bow: flexible enough to kiss the Star after he crosses the goal line.

Plus this gives more reps for Bill to evaluate some of the youngstars...(not a typo). Hell I say let him take the week off. To make sure it's all good. Mentally he has to know it's gonna be there when he needs it. At tempermental as he is...let him make the call when it's ready.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I want him to rest, but I want him & Drew to have their timing down before the season starts

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
Rest is the only thing that can heal a hammy I agree he's doing the right thing

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
He and Drew are going to have to stay after practice when he comes back next week. I just hope Bill doesnt lose his temper before then.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I will give TO a pass on this one myself. I had a hammy problem back in March it's still not right. :lmao2:

Seriously.....I believe he's hurt or he would be on the practice field. ;)
He said hamstring not baked ham :D

silver

Reaction score
i'm gonna go to dennys and have a "moons over my hammy" plate now.

cwalk

Reaction score
TheKey said:
He and Drew are going to have to stay after practice when he comes back next week. I just hope Bill doesnt lose his temper before then.
who said he was comin back next week?

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
he said he didnt think he was going to practice this week or play in sats game today... im still makin popcorn....

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
burmafrd said:

geee, what gives you that idea?

the missing 5 days of practice with no end in sight?

the flying in of 3 personal doctors from atlanta, despite the presence of team doctors?

the oxygen chamber being flown halfway across the country?

yea, i think it's a safe assumption. :laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
since BP said that he listens to the trainers, and the trainers are saying that TO can't practice all-out just yet, I'm not worried about a potential fallout

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't doubt he has sorness. I rather let him have a few days off in training camp than deal with this during the reg season.