I bet Romo has a HUGE day against the Giants

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I don't really care about all of this "TO vs Romo hoopla" because I don't think it really exists in the first place.

What I am concerned about is the play on the football field. I really believe that our Cowboys explode on Sunday. Forget about Pittsburgh. We had it and then lost it, it's done. SUNDAY is our game.

I think the Cowboys aren't distracted at all, and in fact will really come together as a football team against New York. Our defense is on a roll and will be even more fired up against their most hated opponent.

They are trying to beat us 3 straight times (last years playoffs) and bury our season. Wade has his faults, but I know he has this teem focused on this very thing.

I think a "wound in the thigh" is more distracting than a "TO did this/that/whatever".

Romo explodes. We finally see Roy explode along with him and everyone touches the ball for big plays. Today is an Ominous day for the chances of the Giants...

WE WILL WIN:suxjints:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I dont believe the detail of this BuSh either. Werder has been searching for something for weeks now. Hasnt Gotten it! Got wind of a meeting(TRUTH.there was one) and put his spin on it(False...he fabricated the details.)

Wood

Reaction score
the fact that Roy Williams was meeting with Garrett tells me there is something to this story. Williams hasnt been there long enough to be having meeting about his lack of involvment (and he isnt even practicing due to foot injury). TO absolutely was in other teamates ears about Romo focusing on Witten. We have all seen this a million times in our work place. This was a power play by Owens to get more plays....plain and simple. And I believe TO has more pass attempts his way than any other WR...its just ludicrous.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Wood;2482539 said:
the fact that Roy Williams was meeting with Garrett tells me there is something to this story. Williams hasnt been there long enough to be having meeting about his lack of involvment (and he isnt even practicing due to foot injury). TO absolutely was in other teamates ears about Romo focusing on Witten. We have all seen this a million times in our work place. This was a power play by Owens to get more plays....plain and simple. And I believe TO has more pass attempts his way than any other WR...its just ludicrous.

Either way, story or non-story, I think our offense pulls out all of the gun barrels against the G-Strings.

I bet they're loaded with hollow-points.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Wood;2482539 said:

And who REALLY shot Kennedy?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think he does, too. Why? Because we're at home and the weather should be ideal.

I can't believe that in all the Romo bashing from the Steelers game, so few (like the NFL network crew tonight) are acknowledging that the weather had a ton to do with it. It was freezing and blustery and hard to get the ball down the field for both QBs. For some reason people have forgotten that it was only two and three games ago that Romo looked about as good as he ever has, which is outstanding.

Now the Giants do have a great defense and pass rush, so it won't all be easy. But he won't look anything like he did in Pittsburgh.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2482595 said:
I think he does, too. Why? Because we're at home and the weather should be ideal.

I can't believe that in all the Romo bashing from the Steelers game, so few (like the NFL network crew tonight) are acknowledging that the weather had a ton to do with it. It was freezing and blustery and hard to get the ball down the field for both QBs. For some reason people have forgotten that it was only two and three games ago that Romo looked about as good as he ever has, which is outstanding.

Now the Giants do have a great defense and pass rush, so it won't all be easy. But he won't look anything like he did in Pittsburgh.

I completely agree that the weather, and also our speed from the field-turf will help us greatly in this game. It also helps the speed of their pass rush, like you noted.

You really can't execute an efficient gameplan in the type of conditions we faced in Pittsburgh.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
We can win this game. The O line is the key. Those are the injuries we might pay for. Choice has shown he can get it done, I think he will show even more
on a better field. Barber should get some playing time but I would let him spell Choice for this game.

Romo has to get his act together. Yes the WRs have to be involved that's just basic Cowboy football.

The Giants have some banged up players on offense, that should help out our secondary big time. I see this being a close game but winnable.

djmajestik

Reaction score

It's about time SOMEONE gave SOME reasoning as to feeling good about this game. Personally, I don't, but the weather probably DID have something to do with Romo's struggle last week. Ben? Well, he is used to that weather and practices and plays in it more than Romo does. Now, that doesn't give me a warm fuzzy going into the playoffs though, because we WILL have to go through some cold weather to get to Tampa.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jord1242;2483544 said:
It's about time SOMEONE gave SOME reasoning as to feeling good about this game. Personally, I don't, but the weather probably DID have something to do with Romo's struggle last week. Ben? Well, he is used to that weather and practices and plays in it more than Romo does. Now, that doesn't give me a warm fuzzy going into the playoffs though, because we WILL have to go through some cold weather to get to Tampa.

But Ben threw for fewer yards than Romo did. He struggled just as much or more than Romo did, even being used to it and not having a broken hand that likely was in a lot of pain in that cold.

It was just a very tough day to throw.

And by the way, so was that Giants-Eagles game, where they had even more wind than our guys did. So I wouldn't judge Eli off that game, either.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483562 said:
But Ben threw for fewer yards than Romo did. He struggled just as much or more than Romo did, even being used to it and not having a broken hand that likely was in a lot of pain in that cold.

It was just a very tough day to throw.

And by the way, so was that Giants-Eagles game, where they had even more wind than our guys did. So I wouldn't judge Eli off that game, either.

Ben vs. Tony I was talking about how he LOOKED throwing the ball. Tony's balls sailed on him a lot and it appeared to me that Ben's throws didn't.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I think this is the fact that he wasn't wearing the splint that he got used to.

BTW, the only football I am watching is fox at 4PM eastern and Madden 2k8 on my 360 this week, ESPN is spending way to much time on TO and they already have forgotten that there is a suspension issue at hand as well as a player who shot himself and tried to hide the gun, they are acting like the National Enquirer, IMO, and it is all BS...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hopefully, as I'm looking for a nice silver lining in all this, this will be the best thing to happen to the Cowboys cause this will hopefully cause them to all step it up and this will be just the thing to start us on a serious run.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2483884 said:
Hopefully, as I'm looking for a nice silver lining in all this, this will be the best thing to happen to the Cowboys cause this will hopefully cause them to all step it up and this will be just the thing to start us on a serious run.

Either that or we'll implode and lose out. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score

That being the case, shouldn't have Tony Romo known better? This is the guy many were saying knows how to play in the cold weather because he's from Wisconsin.

Doesn't knowing how to play in bad weather mean you should have a better understanding of ball security?

If the weather was so cold, why did Ben Roethlisberger have no turnovers, even though he was getting beaten like a pinata?

I like Romo. I think he is a very, very good quarterback. But we need to stop making excuses for him. He had a poor game and didn't play like he had a clue.

Having said that, I hope he rebounds against the Giants. His reputation and the season depends on it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484029 said:
That being the case, shouldn't have Tony Romo known better? This is the guy many were saying knows how to play in the cold weather because he's from Wisconsin.

Doesn't knowing how to play in bad weather mean you should have a better understanding of ball security?

If the weather was so cold, why did Ben Roethlisberger have no turnovers, even though he was getting beaten like a pinata?

I like Romo. I think he is a very, very good quarterback. But we need to stop making excuses for him. He had a poor game and didn't play like he had a clue.

Having said that, I hope he rebounds against the Giants. His reputation and the season depends on it.

One, Roethlisberger did have a turnover. He had a fumble on a simple QB sneak when his arm hit his own man.

Two, who made an excuse for him? He had a bad game and everyone knows it. That doesn't mean the weather didn't have a big effect on both QBs.