I can't help but wonder what if...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Texas goes on to score a TD in the next play or two and makes the extra point.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Texas goes on to score a TD in the next play or two and makes the extra point.

Or Young gets sacked and pulls one of his patented fumbles. Or maybe they hold them. Who knows.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Now do one of the int towards the end of the first half that the refs didn't give to Texas like they should have.

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Or Young gets sacked and pulls one of his patented fumbles. Or maybe they hold them. Who knows.

He wasn't sacked all game. It was one of his best performances. He didn't seem to make his usual bad decisions or get flustered when there was pressured, and he was pressured rarely. The trend in that game is that he is going to make plays. Now if they hand off to one of their running backs, they may fumble. Both teams had plenty of chances to win that game. That is why it was so exciting.

If ther was a play that sticks out it was Bush's fumbled lateral attempt. I think it was a momentum changer. Even with that, it happened so early in the game USC was able to gain back that lost momentum.

I would not have thought that Texas would have been capable of overcoming a two score deficit late in the game if it came down to that. They did. It was an impressive win.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Rack said:
Now do one of the int towards the end of the first half that the refs didn't give to Texas like they should have.

Yup. Texas would have grabbed the momentum and never looked back if they had scored on that one INT they should have gotten.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Let me help you, watch the last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter. 4th and 5 in a must situation. You stop Young and you win the National Championship. You fail to do so and you lose. If SC could not stop Texas in that situation, I find it highly unlikely that they could have done so in the first half. That play happened on about the 11 yard line so it's not as if Texas would have had it 1st and goal from the 10 either. Bottom line, at no time did SC show they could stop Young last night. No reason for anybody to believe that that simple fact would have changed had he been called down.

BTW, I read the whole game thread and you should be busy working on the rather large plate of crow you have served for yourself rather then anckling bitting what clearly was a great Texas victory over an equally great champion in SC.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
http://img208.*************/img208/9858/vincedown6wv.jpg
All together now,

The aggie war hymn:

Hullabaloo Caneck! Caneck!
Hullabaloo Caneck! Caneck!
Wait'll next year!

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Everyone in the world but you and Skip Bayless, obviously.