I dont have a problem with what TO said

STSINAZ

Reaction score
he is a playmaker...he sounds like Michael...whats the problem? no one would have a problem if Michael Irvin said it...he is still one of the best in the game at his position and he wants the ball..he should want the ball and we should do whatever it takes to get him the ball...not force him the ball but run plays to get him open...however we need to..parcells never understood this and keyshawn is bitter about him..he couldnt hold his jockstrap even in his prime..he was always slow and he REALLY IS AN UNDERACHIEVER...SHUT up sheshawn and tom jackson has lost it IMO..used to have more respect for him but not now...Chris Carter just seems angry, they pretty much suck, ESPN...ditka is too old....cant even talk anymore...seems like he has a hard time doing it....

landryscorner

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with what TO said everyone just needs to shut up, media and fans, what receiver in the NFL or DALLAS has one time or another asked to get the ball more, TO is a gamebreaker he should get a lot of touches, Mark my WORDS if we lose a game ...in the Playoffs, where he only has like 2 or 4 catches, all your gonna hear at postgame and in the offseason is ****** about how TO didn't get enough catches, quit your whining, and just watch some dam football!

So im with you in this...

CowboyMark

Reaction score
If anyone needs to shut up it's T.O. The ball went his way like 20 times for god sake. I know he wants the ball. Who doesn't? I know he wants to be involved. Who doesn't? The reality is you won't be involved all the time because you will have bad games every now and then. You don't see Barber or Felix complaining. If anyone should be complaining it's them. How often did Michael complain about not getting the ball? If he did it was behind closed doors not infront of the whole world. If T.O. complains to Romo himself behind closed doors i'm fine with that because I would probaly be doing the same thing. But I wouldn't be telling the whole world about it. I do agree that the media is making a bigger deal than what it really is. But thats because it's T.O. It's his own fault. You develop a reputation than thats what people will go with. I'm sorry but it's his own fault. I never believed in this good guy act. People his age don't change. Very few do. I don't think we have heard that last of T.O. But I do think that for right now it's all crap what the media is saying. That said, **** T.O. The sooner he leaves the better.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
CowboyMark;2300641 said:
If anyone needs to shut up it's T.O. The ball went his way like 20 times for god sake. I know he wants the ball. Who doesn't? I know he wants to be involved. Who doesn't? The reality is you won't be involved all the time because you will have bad games every now and then. You don't see Barber or Felix complaining. If anyone should be complaining it's them. How often did Michael complain about not getting the ball? If he did it was behind closed doors not infront of the whole world. If T.O. complains to Romo himself behind closed doors i'm fine with that because I would probaly be doing the same thing. But I wouldn't be telling the whole world about it. I do agree that the media is making a bigger deal than what it really is. But thats because it's T.O. It's his own fault. You develop a reputation than thats what people will go with. I'm sorry but it's his own fault. I never believed in this good guy act. People his age don't change. Very few do. I don't think we have heard that last of T.O. But I do think that for right now it's all crap what the media is saying. That said, **** T.O. The sooner he leaves the better.

Come on! It's a no win situation for him. He was specifically asked if he felt he got enough touches... to which he answered "no, but that's because we lost and i'm a competitor." And what would the reaction be if he said "no comment", then its "OMG, T.O. is mad, you can tell that because he didn't answer the question... blah, blah, blah"

So, tell me... What was he supposed to say to answer that question without "controversy"?

landryscorner

Reaction score
CowboyMark;2300641 said:

Romo had some very bad throws also, throws out of bounds, throws too early and throws too late, not all of them were catchable

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with what T.O. says but does he have to say it all the time? Okay we get it, youre a playmaker, you want the ball now shut it and play.

Is saying it over and over going to make him run better routes, is it going to make Tony throw any better? Just shut up and play football.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2300502 said:
he is a playmaker...he sounds like Michael...whats the problem? no one would have a problem if Michael Irvin said it...he is still one of the best in the game at his position and he wants the ball..he should want the ball and we should do whatever it takes to get him the ball...not force him the ball but run plays to get him open...however we need to..parcells never understood this and keyshawn is bitter about him..he couldnt hold his jockstrap even in his prime..he was always slow and he REALLY IS AN UNDERACHIEVER...SHUT up sheshawn and tom jackson has lost it IMO..used to have more respect for him but not now...Chris Carter just seems angry, they pretty much suck, ESPN...ditka is too old....cant even talk anymore...seems like he has a hard time doing it....

Ditka is choking on the hyperbole. It is so out of character for him. And he is definitely not actor enough to pull it off.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Guys, I agree that the media is taken everything out of hand because it's T.O. But it's T.O. had he not done what he did in S.F. and Philly the media would be singing a diffrent tune. Thats all I said. If you develop a reputation in your family for being a liar do you think they will believe anything you say. No. You make your bed now he has to lie in it. I'm not saying that what the media is doing is right but it's what they have been waiting for a couple of years now. It's T.O.s fault plain and simple. That said I think the media should just get off this story but I don't think they will for the next few weeks. That said screw T.O.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CowboyMark;2300693 said:
Guys, I agree that the media is taken everything out of hand because it's T.O. But it's T.O. had he not done what he did in S.F. and Philly the media would be singing a diffrent tune. Thats all I said. If you develop a reputation in your family for being a liar do you think they will believe anything you say. No. You make your bed now he has to lie in it. I'm not saying that what the media is doing is right but it's what they have been waiting for a couple of years now. It's T.O.s fault plain and simple. That said I think the media should just get off this story but I don't think they will for the next few weeks. That said screw T.O.

Have you even listened to what TO had to say about it. Some mediot says TO said this and it becomes fact. Gossip. It's even faster and deadlier via internet.

TO is outspoken and opinionated. He's confident to the point of arrogance but he IS one of the best WRs ALL TIME. I listened to what he had to say and he didn't say anything wrong or anything to upset anyone.

He had a conversation with his QB. End of story. Unless you are ESPN and manufacturing a story.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've always wondered if a lot of fans would have, or did, hate Michael just as much for always saying he wanted the ball.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
personally its adjustment time for garrett....the ball is in his court...teams have adjusted to how to play TO...man up and safety help over the top..but what I dont understand is this...if they were doing this in washington then how did they bring another safety up for run support? if they did this then why didnt we beat them with someone else? crayton, austin, witten or jones? teams are going to copycat what happened last week if they can and we are going to be in for it if we cant adjust....

ddh33

Reaction score
I posted this is a different thread, but I thought I would put it here too to see what people thought:

Actually, though, while I think TO is doing harm to himself by making some of his comments, I think I know he's getting at; I just don't think he's explaining it very well.

Look, we all see that TO is getting jammed at the line. He also has a safety always lurking over the top. He thinks he is this team's best chance at winning, and he's being taken out of things by the defense.

But when he starts to talk about the quality of the chances instead of the quantity, I think he's trying to get at the point.

All of you basketball fans remember seeing Michael Jordan dominate games, right? Remember Jordan getting double and triple teamed? But Jordan still got the ball. He still shot, run the offense, passed to others, and made everything work for the Bulls. The Bulls didn't just give up and say, "Well, Jordan is doubled, better throw it to someone else." They certainly didn't say, "Alright, it's the end of the game. Everyone knows Jordan should be getting the ball, but they are probably going to double him, so we'll use him as a decoy." They manufactured ways to get him the ball when and where he needed it. I think that is what TO is wanting...

If that is the case, does TO have a point?