I dont need more cowbell. I need more Ferguson!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Our offense has really been clicking, obviously. So with the emergence of Cooks (finally) and CeeDee tearing it up, I fully expect Ferguson to really be the guy paid little attention to. So can we expect to see his numbers start to reflect more of the numbers that Schultz had the previous two seasons?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2021, Schultz was the target on 16.3% of Cowboys passes and received 80% of the TE targets.
In 2022, Schultz was the target on...huh...16.3% of Cowboys passes. He received only 68% of the TE targets, though, because of missing a couple games and the arrivals of Ferguson and Hendershot. They threw to the TEs a lot last year.
In 2023, Ferguson has been the target on 15.1% of Cowboys passes and has received 77% of the TE targets.

I'm not sure I see that big a difference. He's behind Schultz by about one target every two games.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Also know this offense is quite a bit different than Kellen Moore's. For Ferguson's targets to be so close to Schultz's means the Cowboys knew exactly what they were doing when they let Schultz walk. Ferguson is at least the same guy and arguably an upgrade, at least as a blocker.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2021, Schultz was the target on 16.3% of Cowboys passes and received 80% of the TE targets.
In 2022, Schultz was the target on...huh...16.3% of Cowboys passes. He received only 68% of the TE targets, though, because of missing a couple games and the arrivals of Ferguson and Hendershot. They threw to the TEs a lot last year.
In 2023, Ferguson has been the target on 15.1% of Cowboys passes and has received 77% of the TE targets.

I'm not sure I see that big a difference. He's behind Schultz by about one target every two games.
This is good stuff!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Our offense has really been clicking, obviously. So with the emergence of Cooks (finally) and CeeDee tearing it up, I fully expect Ferguson to really be the guy paid little attention to. So can we expect to see his numbers start to reflect more of the numbers that Schultz had the previous two seasons?
He doesn't create separation near as well as Schultz.

kskboys

Reaction score
Also know this offense is quite a bit different than Kellen Moore's. For Ferguson's targets to be so close to Schultz's means the Cowboys knew exactly what they were doing when they let Schultz walk. Ferguson is at least the same guy and arguably an upgrade, at least as a blocker.
Downgrade on creating separation. Otherwise, same player.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well my call into big Mike was a thing of beauty, and he actually was listening to me. I didnt need more cowbell... I needed more Ferguson, and thats what he gave me.
Look, Ferguson is a stud in the making. Guy is tough as hell and has great hands. Add in some swagger and I think he is gonna be out guy for the next 8 years

Chasing6

Reaction score

Ferguson was not targeted a lot early in the season. It has picked up recently, rightfully so and needs to continue. He is a complete TE. He is a big target, takes the big hit and is tough to bring down punishing the secondary.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ferguson was not targeted a lot early in the season. It has picked up recently, rightfully so and needs to continue. He is a complete TE. He is a big target, takes the big hit and is tough to bring down punishing the secondary.
sometime he punishes them a little too much. There was 1 or 2 times tonight he put a shoulder down and got up a little slow. Id like him to stay healthy.

ICP

Reaction score
Fergies catches look better to me than Shultz did. Love the way he is showing up in big moments

Ken

Reaction score

It is his blocking and RAC yards that separate him from Schultz...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You see his interview today, he sort of has a cut like Kelce. Get that swag Fergy.