I don't think we could have done this last season

50cent

Reaction score
Ive noticed it about 4 times this pre-season and wondered what we were doing. Kosier at LG will actually pull to the right on passing plays and pick up the RTs DE in some type of pass blocking scheme. I very seriuosly doubt if we could have implemented that scheme with LA the last couple of seasons. I actually like it. BTW, I think Columbo has just cemented himself as the starting RT. The line doesn't look so bad after all when you take into consideration Flo still has about 2 weeks to round out.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I do see some much needed athleticism on OL an asset that has been lacking for sometime. We even ran a screen pass for good yardage against NO.
I was so shocked I almost fainted.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I do see some much needed athleticism on OL an asset that has been lacking for sometime. We even ran a screen pass for good yardage against NO.
I was so shocked I almost fainted.
Let me tell you something right now. This OLine is fast fast fast. Parcells basically gave away his running style last night, and it was what I predicted. I mentioned that after seeing the guys BP was picking up and scouting in college, he was leaning towards a ton of screens, sweeps, pitch outs.

We have JJ who has speed, and as you can see from last night, when he hits that corner, it's a done deal. And then we they think we will pitch them to death, we will hit them up the middle with Gurode and Rivera, and Fasano leading. We will have a great pitch out/sweep team, book it!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Clove said:
he was leaning towards a ton of screens, sweeps, pitch outs.

I think that was evidenced when Parcells was running those plays when he 1st got here

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I think that was evidenced when Parcells was running those plays when he 1st got here
And unfortunately we weren't any good at them now. And is it me, or does it seem like we're going to have an outstanding pass protecting OLINE?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Clove said:
after seeing the guys BP was picking up and scouting in college, he was leaning towards a ton of screens, sweeps, pitch outs.

Too bad that perhaps the biggest obstacle to that style line from the get-go was the best player on it - LA.

I came to love Larry as much as long time Dallas fans did, but the combination of his 2003 (non)conditioning level, dwindling agility, and two year obstinance re changing his work out routine pretty much screwed his relationship with Tuna.

He was quietly obstructionist, but of course, he knew he could not play in the kind of line Bill wanted.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
He was quietly obstructionist, but of course, he knew he could not play in the kind of line Bill wanted.
I don't know what happened to L.A. - I remember when he chased down a cornerback back in the day. I wonder if his over abundance of weight lifting messed up his agility and speed.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Clove said:
I don't know what happened to L.A. - I remember when he chased down a cornerback back in the day. I wonder if his over abundance of weight lifting messed up his agility and speed.

Steroid abuse!
Plain and simple. No man bench presses close to 700lbs. naturally.
Roids/age slowed LA, but he still has the ability to mall someone in a phone booth.
Most people clean in the NFL would struggle to bench 500lbs.
Remember he did 43 reps with 225lbs. at the pro bowl in January.
That dont come close to 700lbs. bench. He lost it when he stopped juicing and he no longer had the stamina, so know this is what is left of LA?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
tunahelper said:
Steroid abuse!
Plain and simple. No man bench presses close to 700lbs. naturally.
Roids/age slowed LA, but he still has the ability to mall someone in a phone booth.
Most people clean in the NFL would struggle to bench 500lbs.
Remember he did 43 reps with 225lbs. at the pro bowl in January.
That dont come close to 700lbs. bench. He lost it when he stopped juicing and he no longer had the stamina, so know this is what is left of LA?

Do you have an agenda? Hey I am not blind to the fact that many if not most in the NFL do steroids.... Believe me, if they do it in baseball, it is impossible to believe that they don't do it in football. However, saying it was him not taking steroids anymore which led to his downfall???? Am I misinterpreting what you are saying? Then saying he topped eveyone with 225 for 43 reps???? LA lost agility because he got too muscular. Plus like everyone he gets older and slower. I have mentioned that Kosier was actually the fastest Guard in his draft class. It is obvious that his speed is what drew Parcells to him. Watch NE they have very mobile OL. I am excited that we may be on the cusp of just such a moblie line.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Seeing Rivera out in front of Barber on that screen pass... I was like :eek: I have NEVER seen a Cowboy OL do that before in my life. He didn't block anybody out there, but I was just amazed he was there.

MiStar

Reaction score
Being able to run the screen should pay big dividends this year, given the heavy pass rush we will be facing.