I Don’t Want Pumpkin Spice I Want Tamales!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I don’t want no pumpkin spice, I want tamales!!! I forgot to mention I got my tamales yesterday. This lady named Coco makes them at my woman’s work. I got 3 dozen pork and 1 dozen beans except she used black beans which was odd to me but still good. Have you received your orders yet?

DifficultRigidGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want no pumpkin spice, I want tamales!!! I forgot to mention I got my tamales yesterday. This lady named Coco makes them at my woman’s work. I got 3 dozen pork and 1 dozen beans except she used black beans which was odd to me but still good. Have you received your orders yet?

I love bean tamales!!! I cut them in half inch slices, fry them up til they are crispy, mix a couple of eggs in it!!!

I miss my Mom's tamales!!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I love bean tamales!!! I cut them in half inch slices, fry them up til they are crispy, mix a couple of eggs in it!!!

I miss my Mom's tamales!!!

That’s a good idea. Typically the ones I used to get back home were made with pinto beans and jalapeños but these black bean ones are ok..

I miss the tamales made out of oreja de puerco, that’s pig ears for the non-speakers of Spanish...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s a good idea. Typically the ones I used to get back home were made with pinto beans and jalapeños but these black bean ones are ok..

I miss the tamales made out of oreja de puerco, that’s pig ears for the non-speakers of Spanish...
We put chili powder in the beans. I learned that trick about mixing them with egg from a Snowbird.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When I was back in Texas. This guy that worked in the warehouse used to take orders for his wife. They were selling them $5 a dozen. (was super cheap then and mega cheap now) I would probably eat about 8 of them for lunch on Monday when they brought them in. Take the others home and eat them sometime that week after work.

The only decent tamales that I've found up here int NYC / Connecticut area is Trader Joe's.

Every time I order them at a restaurant around here, they aren't even just okay. They are not good or outright terrible.

That said, the Trader Joe's beef tamales are pretty good. Sometimes I will steam two of them for breakfast.

M96GjA.jpg

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
When I was back in Texas. This guy that worked in the warehouse used to take orders for his wife. They were selling them $5 a dozen. (was super cheap then and mega cheap now) I would probably eat about 8 of them for lunch on Monday when they brought them in. Take the others home and eat them sometime that week after work.

The only decent tamales that I've found up here int NYC / Connecticut area is Trader Joe's.

Every time I order them at a restaurant around here, they aren't even just okay. They are not good or outright terrible.

That said, the Trader Joe's beef tamales are pretty good. Sometimes I will steam two of them for breakfast.

M96GjA.jpg

I remember back in the day when $5 for a dozen tamales was considered expensive but then again I used to live on the border. I paid $14/dozen for these the other day but they are homemade...

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score

Visited my hometown of El Paso. Came back to the Northwest with 72 homemade tamales. 2 dozen green chicken. 2 dozen red pork. 2 dozen green chile and cheese. Two bottles of cristalino tequila from Juárez. Corn and flour tortillas from my favorite place. 8 jars of homemade red and green salsa.

It was so heavy the lady at the airport asked what was in the luggage and when I told her all she said was, “ah all the good stuff” and laughed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I remember back in the day when $5 for a dozen tamales was considered expensive but then again I used to live on the border. I paid $14/dozen for these the other day but they are homemade...
The Trader Joe's tamales are actually quite large. Two of them can make a decent meal. The dozen tamales I used to buy back in Texas where much smaller is size. I would say four maybe five Trader Joe tamales was equal to about a dozen of those.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Visited my hometown of El Paso. Came back to the Northwest with 72 homemade tamales. 2 dozen green chicken. 2 dozen red pork. 2 dozen green chile and cheese. Two bottles of cristalino tequila from Juárez. Corn and flour tortillas from my favorite place. 8 jars of homemade red and green salsa.

It was so heavy the lady at the airport asked what was in the luggage and when I told her all she said was, “ah all the good stuff” and laughed.

Sounds like you Out-Tamale-Burgered all of us!!! :thumbup:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Well, that depends on what you want Pumpkin Spice for, Coffee? Pie? Yep, bring it on. Tamales heck no... lol. Now, for something hot yeah I'll take a few tamales also.