I Finally meet Roger Staubach

DA FAN

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I FINALLY got the opportunity to meet the Greatest QB in Cowboys History. I've been waiting for a very long time.

I met Roger Staubach at an Autograph Appearance on Saturday.

He is very freindly and appreciative of his Fans.
IMG_0422-fixed.jpg

Here I am with some of the items that Roger autographed for me.

IMG_0429.jpg

I also met Jay Novacek at a Sports Card show in San Antonio.
He autographed an 8x10 for me.

novacek.jpg

It was a Fantastic Weekend!!!!

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I passed the autograph session en route to my sisters graduation.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Great job! I met Roger in Abilene, at a Dallas Hoopsters basketball game in approx 1980........he was really nice then too.

MONT17

Reaction score
My 7th grade shop teacher's sister went to the same church as Roger.... and as I was getting over my parents and I left school for a few months... she promised me an autograph pic of Roger... I was like 12!!! I thought she was BS until she brought the pic into school one spring day!!!

She said it was mine if I got an A in her class it might have been a B who knows! I didnt!!! she kept the pic that was signed to me with my name on it and everything! its not like its worth anything now, except to me and her... but I swear she wouldnt give it to me even after I went to HS!!!

Mrs. Baker at George Fox Middle, if u are on here or where ever u are (or if u know Mrs. Baker have her contact me)... I just wanna see it again! its only about 20 years old!!!

I think it was (really) for the best... I dont think I would have held onto it after all these years! I was too young... but damn I just wanna see it again just so I know it really was me that lived that!

thanks to Roger we will always be connected!!!

BTW nice pic!!! u a steak eater?

jamez25

Reaction score
great pics !! my brother got me an autographed Novacek football a year or so ago...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
My 7th grade shop teacher's sister went to the same church as Roger.... and as I was getting over my parents and I left school for a few months... she promised me an autograph pic of Roger... I was like 12!!! I thought she was BS until she brought the pic into school one spring day!!!

She said it was mine if I got an A in her class it might have been a B who knows! I didnt!!! she kept the pic that was signed to me with my name on it and everything! its not like its worth anything now, except to me and her... but I swear she wouldnt give it to me even after I went to HS!!!

Mrs. Baker at George Fox Middle, if u are on here or where ever u are (or if u know Mrs. Baker have her contact me)... I just wanna see it again! its only about 20 years old!!!

I think it was (really) for the best... I dont think I would have held onto it after all these years! I was too young... but damn I just wanna see it again just so I know it really was me that lived that!

Slacker...lol

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
DA FAN said:
Hey Everyone,

I FINALLY got the opportunity to meet the Greatest QB in Cowboys History. I've been waiting for a very long time.

IMG_0422-fixed.jpg

Here I am with some of the items that Roger autographed for me.

IMG_0429.jpg

I also met Jay Novacek at a Sports Card show in San Antonio.
He autographed an 8x10 for me.

novacek.jpg

It was a Fantastic Weekend!!!!

Lucky guy, Ive never even seen him. I went to 2 games while he was active and Landry sat him both times, he wasnt even on the sideline. I was at a trade show once and found out he was at a booth with Drew Pearson, the day after he was there. And I also got a job and found out he was in the the office one day and I didnt know. Im cursed, Ill never see this guy.

fortdick

Reaction score
DA FAN said:
Hey Everyone,

IMG_0422-fixed.jpg

Did you genuflect? Awesome Dude! That picture would be worth gold if it was me!

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
What,no invites for anyone,you were just gonna hog him all to yourself?Congrats,looks like that was a great day!!!

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
MONT17 said:

Do you mean you didn't get the autographed picture of Roger Staubach because you couldn't pull off an A in shop class? That is a tragedy worthy of Shakespeare!

DA FAN

Reaction score
djdoug said:
What,no invites for anyone,you were just gonna hog him all to yourself?Congrats,looks like that was a great day!!!

I knew it. I knew you'd say something. LOL :)

First thing I thought of when I made the post. I'm thinking, man I wish I could have told Doug.

Man, it was one of those last minute deals. Didn't find out till late on Friday. I was getting ready to head up there for the Sports show in San Antonio.(Sat: Billy Joe Dupree Sun: Novacek) Then my bro in law calls me from San Antonio about Roger's appearance. I had to go through all my stuff to decide what to get autographed. Didn't get to S.A. till midnight and then went to the show early on Saturday.

Dude, Now I really feel bad. :(

I'll need to get you # for the next opp.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
DA FAN said:
I knew it. I knew you'd say something. LOL :)

First thing I thought of when I made the post. I'm thinking, man I wish I could have told Doug.

Man, it was one of those last minute deals. Didn't find out till late on Friday. I was getting ready to head up there for the Sports show in San Antonio.(Sat: Billy Joe Dupree Sun: Novacek) Then my bro in law calls me from San Antonio about Roger's appearance. I had to go through all my stuff to decide what to get autographed. Didn't get to S.A. till midnight and then went to the show early on Saturday.

Dude, Now I really feel bad. :(

I'll need to get you # for the next opp.

dont feel bad,I'd rub it in too!just kidding.I'll PM you with my #.