I Had to Go to A Construction Site This Morning

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I promise this is about football.

I work for a construction company. On occasion I have to go on job sites. On Friday's we get to wear T-shirts instead of company shirts. Since I was going to a job site first thing this morning I decided to wear my Cowboys T-shirt.

I also wore my hard hat and took my Cowboys tape measure.

You would not believe the number of framers, dry wallers, electricians, and painters who wanted to talk to me about the Cowboys. It was unreal.

Folks I think the interest in the team is back and the bandwagon is loading up.

Almost everyone wanted to talk about TO (who else?), and wanted to know if Vandy was going to make the team, etc. All the stuff we kick around here.

The National media is wired for sound about what's going on in Dallas. Vegas is paying attention to this team and basically predicting good things. Traffic to the site is at an all time high. Last night an hour after the game we had more people online at this site at the same time than we had last year during games.

Excitement is in the air. I am starting to feel it more than ever.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I promise this is about football.

I work for a construction company. On occasion I have to go on job sites. On Friday's we get to wear T-shirts instead of company shirts. Since I was going to a job site first thing this morning I decided to wear my Cowboys T-shirt.

I also wore my hard hat and took my Cowboys tape measure.

You would not believe the number of framers, dry wallers, electricians, and painters who wanted to talk to me about the Cowboys. It was unreal.

Folks I think the interest in the team is back and the bandwagon is loading up.

Almost everyone wanted to talk about TO (who else?), and wanted to know if Vandy was going to make the team, etc. All the stuff we kick around here.

The National media is wired for sound about what's going on in Dallas. Vegas is paying attention to this team and basically predicting good things. Traffic to the site is at an all time high. Last night an hour after the game we had more people online at this site at the same time than we had last year during games.

Excitement is in the air. I am starting to feel it more than ever.

U should have been in the stadium last night. It was during the commercial break when owens put his helmet on to come in, when the crowd saw him come in they went crazy. Every single person stood up and cheered and their were flas bulbs popping everywhere.

On sept. 17th when the place is packed the stadium is going to explode.
I cant wait

TX_Yid

Reaction score
theebs said:
U should have been in the stadium last night. It was during the commercial break when owens put his helmet on to come in, when the crowd saw him come in they went crazy. Every single person stood up and cheered and their were flas bulbs popping everywhere.

I cant wait

With all the controversy surrounding him it's easy to forget just what a special player he is. Probably the most complete WR in the game today and he is going to be a part of our offence. That has me excited, i'm ready to see him play.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
theebs said:

I cant wait

That really bothered me a little. I agree with Randy Galloway there. Why the heck are people so cheering for TO? I can understand if he has taken cowboys to promised land by catching bunch of TDs.

I just don't understand how that guy can be already so revered? Now I am not into bashing TO, but really fans can be way over the top.

icyhot

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
That really bothered me a little. I agree with Randy Galloway there. Why the heck are people so cheering for TO? I can understand if he has taken cowboys to promised land by catching bunch of TDs.

I just don't understand how that guy can be already so revered? Now I am not into bashing TO, but really fans can be way over the top.
People who bash TO can be over the top as well.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

People werent cheering actually, IT was more just standing up and watching, just anticipating something.

just brought excitment to the stadium which I am all for, that place needs to be fired up, but it wasnt like everyone stood up and cheered, they just stood up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs said:

I cant wait
I would have loved to have been there but you gave my ticket to someone else.

:D

CoCo

Reaction score
Cowboy fans would cheer TO because alot of our hopes for a successful season are riding on him and I think most (not all) want him to light it up as a Cowboy.

Cheering when he eneters the game or makes a simple 6 yard catch is some peoples way of saying "we want you to help us succeed".

I know some people can't bring themselves to do that but apparently they are the vast minority.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hos, what are people supposed to be talking about in your area? Your Cardinals. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Hos, what are people supposed to be talking about in your area? Your Cardinals. :D
I say it all the time, I've lived here since 1989 and I think I probably know a total of 3 Cardinals fans. I know literally dozens of Cowboys fans.

In college I worked in a sporting goods store that sold team merchandise. Suns stuff sells here. Coyotes stuff sells here. Diamondbacks stuff sells here.

Cardinals stuff was like 6th or 7th down the line in sales.

Cowboys was easily #1. Raiders #2. 49ers #3. Packers #4. Steelers #5.

I remember those distinctly.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I say it all the time, I've lived here since 1989 and I think I probably know a total of 3 Cardinals fans. I know literally dozens of Cowboys fans.

In college I worked in a sporting goods store that sold team merchandise. Suns stuff sells here. Coyotes stuff sells here. Diamondbacks stuff sells here.

Cardinals stuff was like 6th or 7th down the line in sales.

Cowboys was easily #1. Raiders #2. 49ers #3. Packers #4. Steelers #5.

I remember those distinctly.

I have always heard that.

I may have to get me a Cowboys hard hat to wear to job sites. Never thought of doing that before. Of course I try to avoid wearing one anyway and usually am being yelled at by the project manager to put one on. I yell back that I am an engineer and they usually tell me they hope I get bonked on the head.

Big D

Reaction score
I just don't understand how that guy can be already so revered?

Because they know what he has done to our defense in the past will now be done to opposing defenses.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
joseephuss said:

Hey. That's hitting below the belt.
icon10.gif

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I have always heard that.

I may have to get me a Cowboys hard hat to wear to job sites. Never thought of doing that before. Of course I try to avoid wearing one anyway and usually am being yelled at by the project manager to put one on. I yell back that I am an engineer and they usually tell me they hope I get bonked on the head.
The Cowboys store has them. That's where I got mine. Ace Hardware has the tape measures. If I ever find a tool belt, I am so going back into the field and swinging the old framing hammer again.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

he's an exciting player and represents taking the plunge to the next level.