I hate giving up draft picks!

dalsyk

Reaction score
Why do we give up draft picks on guys we could trade a surplus player for? Better yet get them when they are released. We gave up 2- 6th round picks for Kenyon Coleman who is steady but may not even make the team this year. Last year we traded a 4th I think for the KC linebacker that is no longer with us. Now this Charlie Adams wr for a 6th? I do hope it is conditional. Do you believe our wr corp is so bad? Parcells talks up Rector alot and with Glenn,TO, Crayton and the new kid Hurd, thats 5 wr's. I would just like to see us get the better end of some deals. Deal from a position of strength instead of weakness. Parcells, Jerry and the scouts seem to do better with these low draft picks but we give them away like they are nothing. Thoughts?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
5th rounders are not one of Parcells magic rounds. Notice we never trade away 7th rounders.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
Conditional.

BP will not be keeping him if he is not worth the 7th or 6th they gave up for him.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
cowboy4eva said:
Conditional.

BP will not be keeping him if he is not worth the 7th or 6th they gave up for him.

that's what I was gonna ask...

doesn't CONDITIONAL mean that if he doesn't make the squad, then there is no pick given up?

MONT17

Reaction score
how do people know we traded for the player and not know what we gave up.... its been reported everywhere yet people wanna stick their heads in the sand w this conditional....

man up... say u dont like the trade!!!

Where is the Chicken Little Police when u need them... Parcells giving up on his 4th round pick after 2 weeks... where are all the "Parcells is Chicken Little" threads?

he does have a Little Chicken in that neck of his so fire away Chick Cops!!!

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
thank god for the conditional, b/c this seems like a waste of a draft pick.

i'd rather throw in a young rookie than waste a pick for a guy of this "caliber."

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They get a free look at the guy for returns and WR and STs. We don't really know the WR outlook for the team and won't until a good part of the season is over. Hopefully, they give up nothing unless they get something. I don't think Jerry et al are suddenly real stupid.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
cowboy4eva said:
Conditional.

Has the conditional part been confirmed?? I haven't seen it, can you provide a link please? Thanks

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Angus said:

the first dozen posts or so i read mostly they seem like classy fans hoping adams does well here. yea one felt they got a "steal" but most are touting depth at WR (like we have at LB and can also maybe trade someone before cutting them) and think it's funny lelie is still up for grabs.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I haven't seen it confirmed. I think its wishful thinking at this point.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
dalsyk said:
Why do we give up draft picks on guys we could trade a surplus player for? Better yet get them when they are released. We gave up 2- 6th round picks for Kenyon Coleman who is steady but may not even make the team this year. Last year we traded a 4th I think for the KC linebacker that is no longer with us. Now this Charlie Adams wr for a 6th? I do hope it is conditional. Do you believe our wr corp is so bad? Parcells talks up Rector alot and with Glenn,TO, Crayton and the new kid Hurd, thats 5 wr's. I would just like to see us get the better end of some deals. Deal from a position of strength instead of weakness. Parcells, Jerry and the scouts seem to do better with these low draft picks but we give them away like they are nothing. Thoughts?

It had nothing to do with WR, it was special teams.

But I do agree with you that the Cowboys are notorious about handing over draft picks in the preseason.

It goes back before Bill took over.

Remember what we gave up for O.J. Santiago? :bang2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Remember what we gave up for O.J. Santiago? :bang2:
I remember we used first round picks for some of those stiffs at DE. I wish we WOULD have traded those picks away.