I have an idea

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
There are tons of trade rumors about Roy Williams for a 2nd.......There are tons of rumors about Carpenter being on the trading block......probably for a 2nd.....

1. trade our 2nd to Detroit for Roy Williams....

2. trade Carpenter for a 2nd round pick.....perhaps Miami's second pick.

If we are able to pull this off, what does it mean. It means, we now have a legit #2 WR to replace Glenn, and drafting a WR becomes now a luxury instead of a necessity. It means, we lose LB, but not really, since Carp couldnt even get on the field, except for STs. It also means that we basically trade 1st round players, while moving up in the 2nd round at the same time.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
And then we draft a linebacker in the 4rth?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Interesting theory. I don't know if we'll see anyone give us a two for Bobby though, to be honest.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
That is why I said hopefully Miami.......since the guys who drafted him and know him are there...

Also, part of my plan was to sign LB Karlos Dansby and draft LB Jonathan Goff

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;1927227 said:
Man if a scenerio like that actually happened I'd hire someone to kiss you. :)

as long as she is totally hot, at least 18, and doesnt smoke......it is all good....

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Why would Miami ever trade for Carp? They already know he can't play in the 3-4. :rolleyes:

Kilyin

Reaction score
Carpenter = special teamer. Nobody gives up a second round pick for a special teamer. Especially an early second round pick. Except maybe Al Davis.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kilyin;1927276 said:
Carpenter = special teamer. Nobody gives up a second round pick for a special teamer. Especially an early second round pick. Except maybe Al Davis.

Bill gave up a 1st rounder for a special teamer. At the bargain basement price of a 2nd rounder, Carpenter can be all Bill's once again.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I think a better possibility is to trade Fasano and a 2nd day pick to Miami for one of their 2nds. I like Fasano, but I think Curtis can play in this league.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;1927201 said:
There are tons of trade rumors about Roy Williams for a 2nd.......There are tons of rumors about Carpenter being on the trading block......probably for a 2nd.....

1. trade our 2nd to Detroit for Roy Williams....

2. trade Carpenter for a 2nd round pick.....perhaps Miami's second pick.

If we are able to pull this off, what does it mean. It means, we now have a legit #2 WR to replace Glenn, and drafting a WR becomes now a luxury instead of a necessity. It means, we lose LB, but not really, since Carp couldnt even get on the field, except for STs. It also means that we basically trade 1st round players, while moving up in the 2nd round at the same time.
How original. A trade Bobby Carpenter thread.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hostile;1927375 said:
How original. A trade Bobby Carpenter thread.

i am not all for trading Carpenter....I am merely going by the rumors ok.....

however, I was never loyal to Carp. I never wanted him, so if he goes, I won't be too upset. My guy ended up in SF, Manny Lawson.

BTW, this was a combo thread.....getting Roy and then getting a better 2nd round pick in return.....just happened that Carp was part of the idea....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1927355 said:
Bill gave up a 1st rounder for a special teamer. At the bargain basement price of a 2nd rounder, Carpenter can be all Bill's once again.

Yeah thats the only shot I give that. Bill brainfarts after a heavy lunch :laugh2: