I haven't hurt this bad since Dwight Clark

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
I'm serious - damn serious. I could barely sleep last nite , tossed and turned...bounced up early and have moped around ever since...

HOLD THE GD BALL TONY FFS!!! HOLD THE BALL!!!

And a question that rolled around in my head all nite, - Why, HOW do we not attack Pete Hunter All Nite Long!!! Their secondary was an embarrassment! Off the Street! You MUST Throw early and Often !!. ******!!

I:banghead: WANT THAT FAT SLOB AND HIS POUTING FACE OUTTA HERE! :banghead:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1296913 said:
I'm serious - damn serious. I could barely sleep last nite , tossed and turned...bounced up early and have moped around ever since...

And a question that rolled around in my head all nite, - Why, HOW do we not attack Pete Hunter All Nite Long!!! Their secondary was an embarrassment! Off the Street! You MUST Throw early and Often !!. ******!!

Terry Glenn had Petey beat on numerous occasions....Anyhow, with the way Glenn was playing last night, he was likely to drop the ball anyway.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would agree if this had been the NFC Championship. Losing like we did to SF when we had a chance to go a Super Bowl was much worse than last night. That being said, I was in shock last night. How many unbelievable, rare, bad, flukey plays can one team experience? And that call to reverse the first down was crap. Even if Witten didn't make the first down (INCONCLUSIVE), the officials NEVER change the call in that situation. If the refs on the field say first down, it's a first down. Just another bizarre occurrence in a bizarre game that ended a bizarre season.

cml750

Reaction score
We had a much better team and a MUCH better coach when "the catch" happened. I expected to lose this game and was actually surprised we had a chance to win. Big Bill has failed miserably!!!

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
its the same gut wrenching feeling for the last 4 games...last nights loss was just another game the Cowboys could of won..., but let get away

NUMB is the feeling this morning

ghst187

Reaction score
I wasn't all that upset last night because the way we're playing, every other team in the NFC playoffs would've dropped 40 on us. Seattle was the only team we could've beaten. And had we beaten Seattle, perhaps the organization would not have feel quite as compelled to blow things up on the staff, our staff has to be one of the worst in football...seriously. Do we ever have a gameplan specific to a team? Who puts Ware back into deep coverage? We are seriously ********. Have we blitzed successfully all season? Why does Roy Williams play worse than his rookie year? Why did JJ get the bulk of the carries? Why did we run behind Kosier on 3rd and 1 when, once again, the entire stadium knew that's what we would do and hadn't been successful with it yet.....?
The Dwight Clark catch hurt because we all know that we definitely would've won the SB that year had it not been for that....this year....we would've just gotten one more week to play and then gotten slaughtered...I think that was obvious. Seattle will get obliterated next week.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Think they will call this play the Shoestring for Babineaux's tackle?

jimmy40

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1296913 said:

Wow, this loss doesn't even begin to compare to "The Catch" loss to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueDemon;1296913 said:
I haven't hurt this bad since Dwight Clark
The numbing effect of consecutive 5-11 seasons and the inabilitiy of BP to win in December and the playoffs has kept my expectations grounded for several years now. Therefore my pain isn't that bad this morning. I'm more disappointed.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I know I felt pretty bad on the whole Leon Lett FG thing!.

vtred

Reaction score
in my 37 years as a Cowboy fan this is probably 4th hardest to take behind:

1. Jim O'Brien's FG in SB V
2. Dwight Clark's catch
3. Marino to Clayton TD last minute of last game 1984, knocked cowboys out of playoff spot put Giants in...

alancdc

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1296913 said:

There were times last night when the Seattle corner wsan't even on my TV screen they were playing off our WR's so far. I couldn't understand why they didn't try the play that ironically Glenn fumbled on more. They finally throw that quick pass to the WR, but on our goal line?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
NUMB is the feeling this morning
I concur, i've had the feeling the last 2 weeks. Had the numb feeling during the Detroit game and again last nite. I don't think I had one cheer out loud moment last nite. I had more "please, please" moments.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I wasn't all that upset last night because the way we're playing, every other team in the NFC playoffs would've dropped 40 on us.
I disagree, I liked our chances better against Chicago better than I did against Seattle.