I hope this doesn't happen ..

Woods

Reaction score
NFL | Free agency could be postponed again
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:25:33 -0800

Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports a union official said just before 11:15 a.m. Sunday, March 5, that a new bargaining session was about to begin. Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the Players Association, and Richard Berthelsen, the union's general counsel, traveled back to New York from Washington this morning after leaving New York when talks broke down Saturday, March 4. Another participant in the talks said just before today's bargaining session began that any optimism should be tempered, however, because the sides had not yet resumed face-to-face negotiations and there still was plenty of work to be done. It seemed possible that the two sides could agree to a second postponement of the opening of the free-agent market, scheduled for midnight, if they made progress today but could not complete a deal. Even if the parties emerge from today's negotiations with a tentative agreement, the owners and players would have to ratify the deal.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Woods said:
NFL | Free agency could be postponed again
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:25:33 -0800

Mark Maske, of the Washington Post, reports a union official said just before 11:15 a.m. Sunday, March 5, that a new bargaining session was about to begin. Gene Upshaw, the executive director of the Players Association, and Richard Berthelsen, the union's general counsel, traveled back to New York from Washington this morning after leaving New York when talks broke down Saturday, March 4. Another participant in the talks said just before today's bargaining session began that any optimism should be tempered, however, because the sides had not yet resumed face-to-face negotiations and there still was plenty of work to be done. It seemed possible that the two sides could agree to a second postponement of the opening of the free-agent market, scheduled for midnight, if they made progress today but could not complete a deal. Even if the parties emerge from today's negotiations with a tentative agreement, the owners and players would have to ratify the deal.

Why? Don't you wanna see this get worked out?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
KFFL just reported

Commanders may be unable to get under cap - facing sanctions. Its now almost 3:00 - EST and 3 hours from salary cut deadline.

This is alla soft deadline and extension is likely outcome again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Commanders will get under the cap, and there will be no sanctions against them....go over to extremeskins and read, if you don't believe me! :rolleyes:

Woods

Reaction score
5Stars said:
The Commanders will get under the cap, and there will be no sanctions against them....go over to extremeskins and read, if you don't believe me! :rolleyes:

Yup. All these deadlines appear to be "soft" anyways.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Woods said:
I'm just anxious to get on with FA I suppose . . . .

Patience, my good friend! Good things take time! The Cowboys would be so much better off in free agency with a deal getting done....:starspin

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
This is out of control, someone needs to step in and call this farse off right now, that way the Skins will suffer the consequences for their diabolical deeds and everyone who played by the RULES can get on with Free Agency.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
This is out of control, someone needs to step in and call this farse off right now, that way the Skins will suffer the consequences for their diabolical deeds and everyone who played by the RULES can get on with Free Agency.

Don't have vengence against the Commanders...

Cheaters never win, and Winners never cheat!! :starspin

fortdick

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:

Kinda like Teddy Roosevelt or Ronald Reagan? Step into the labor strife and order a settlement? I would prefer it now that a Texan is in office!

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Kinda like Teddy Roosevelt or Ronald Reagan? Step into the labor strife and order a settlement? I would prefer it now that a Texan is in office!

No like MightMouse or WonderDog we need a Hero but it will probably come in the form of an Owner, Jerryonekanobi?

fortdick

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
No like MightMouse or WonderDog we need a Hero but it will probably come in the form of an Owner, Jerryonekanobi?

Strong with the force, this one be! But can right tackle he play?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
5Stars said:

Honestly, I hate the skins but why should they face a sanctions given the uncertainty facing teams in the absence of a labor agreement. It would seem unfair to make a team get in compliance with the cap -- only to see an agreement that increased it a day or two later. Again, I'm all for hating on the Skins but i'd far prefer them to have no excuses for a 6 - 10 year in '06.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Mort just said that there will not be an extension of FA unless they have an agreement- at leat that is his view. Still talking- but not face to face aparently- using thier blackberry's.