I know it doesn't matter... But are Skins wearing white?

Thomas82

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418786 said:
Agree... This is my favorite. Even if it was "jinxed". I seem to be one of the few, but I like the royal blue.

Roger_Staubach_Photo1_mid.jpg

And I hate the throwbacks, too. At first I thought they were okay and at least a tribute to our first unis, but now I can't stand them.

I like those too, we got rid of them in the early 80s, I believe. I wish we could wear those once in a while, especially on Thanksgiving instead of the current throwbacks. BTW, those pants are not gray.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Some fans are too young to remember that we always used to wear white in Washington. Gibbs changed all that.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2418977 said:
From the Skins point of view, I really like the Florida State style uniforms they wore when Stever Sperrier was the HC. They should have changed to those permanently. Plus, it would have gotten the Native Americans off of their backs.

By the way, look at the picture of Lilly. That is awesome, like he is coming out of the ground. I have a Lilly jersey from the 60's (I guess) from the NFL Throwbacks collection.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/Commanders/redskins_lg.jpg

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to add that the Cowboys will be wearing there white helmets. Don't see that very often.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2419468 said:
Hello all,

I just wanted to add that the Cowboys will be wearing there white helmets. Don't see that very often.

Yo know this for sure? Got a link?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2419468 said:
Hello all,

Yeah, I don't think that's right. We wore those in practice in preparation for Thanksgiving. I don't know why they do that a few weeks ahead of time, but they have the last few years.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan28;2419468 said:
Hello all,

I don't think so. It wouldn't look right unless they wear the throwback pants too.

jem88

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418764 said:
For a while now they've made us wear blue at their place... Anyone heard about Sunday night?

And I know it doesn't matter... Just wondering.
The thing is, it does matter.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
bbgun;2419474 said:
Yo know this for sure? Got a link?
No not for sure, I thought I read it, but forgot where, sorry I usually try to link something like that. Maybe it was the Thanksgiving game. :(
dang messed up my first post here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2419468 said:
Hello all,

:welcome: to The Zone.

I think you are wrong about the throwback helmets.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418786 said:
Agree... This is my favorite. Even if it was "jinxed". I seem to be one of the few, but I like the royal blue.

Roger_Staubach_Photo1_mid.jpg

And I hate the throwbacks, too. At first I thought they were okay and at least a tribute to our first unis, but now I can't stand them.

Count me another royal blue lover. :)

rcaldw

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2419680 said:
Count me another royal blue lover. :)

You will also notice on the older blue schemes that the striping was WHITE where as now it is SILVER/GREY. The white looks really nice against the royal blue.

Jenky

Reaction score
I think they said the Skins are wearing white on white on the Commanders Report Show.