I know what the problem is with the O Line

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
The problem is.........It cant be pinpointed! Let me explain,...we look at the line and say,"O.k, Flozells back so we should be o.k there, at left guard Kosier was pursued by a number of teams and he should at least get the year, at center you would think that a combination of Gurode/Johnson would at least be servicable, at right guard you tend to think that Rivera should be recovered now so he should be fine,and at right tackle we have Colombo/fabini. Theres just no real spot to point the finger at imo. In my mind about the only spot along the line that stands out at all as a weakness is center, and it shouldnt be THAT BAD...LOL I dunno, to me theres just no spot that jumps out and says...." we gotta replace that guy". Its more of a cumulative thing I guess. Having said all that, I still think our line will be servicable and ALOT better than we trotted out on the field last year.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Might not be an ideal situation but I wouldnt mind seeing Gurode start and having Johnson come in on OBVIOUS passing downs.

goshan

Reaction score
I know the problem.
We have one guy -- Adams -- that is a good or better olineman.
The rest of them are marginal.
Yes including Rivera because he looks to be past his prime until he proves otherwise.

Columbo - marginal before his injury in Chi. Go read history.
Kozier - journeyman.
Gurode - whiffs in the 4-3.
Johnson gets pushed around like a rag doll.

Its easy for me to pinpoint the problem-we don't have enough talent.

lspain1

Reaction score
goshan said:
I know the problem.
We have one guy -- Adams -- that is a good or better olineman.
The rest of them are marginal.
Yes including Rivera because he looks to be past his prime until he proves otherwise.

Columbo - marginal before his injury in Chi. Go read history.
Kozier - journeyman.
Gurode - whiffs in the 4-3.
Johnson gets pushed around like a rag doll.

Its easy for me to pinpoint the problem-we don't have enough talent.

goshan, I've read the history on Columbo. He was a highly regarded draft pick and that comes with expectations. He had some problems when he started at tackle in the NFL but wasn't he a rookie? I'm not sure he ever got the chance to fully develop before the injury.

I think the Bears cut him because they thought he wouldn't be able to come back from the injury, and not because he had no talent. He may turn out to be a marginal guy but we don't know that yet.

watertown

Reaction score
the line is bad because we have not drafted well in this area.I still think we win the east

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must say I'm scared to death of Gurode. That mess vs Minny and their run blitzes have put the fear of God into me.