I love me some mock 2.0

Silverstar

Reaction score
Here goes...

51. LB Jason Williams (6-1 240) - Western Illinois...worried like me that Williams will be taken early, Jerry pulls the trigger and gets the fastest LB in the draft. Williams has been climbing up draft boards, since he posted back to back 4.4 times over at Northwesterns Pro Day. The Cowboys need a future behind Brooking and an immediate replacement for Burnett in the nickel...Williams fits the bill and then some.

69. SS Chip Vaughn (6-2 221)- Wake Forest...no change here from my last mock. I really like Vaughn and what he brings to the table as our future SS. He's got everything you want in a true SS prospect and had 105 tackles and 14 PBU's last year. I'm very comfortable with this pick in the 3rd round.

101. OL T.J. Lang (6-4 316) - Eastern Michigan...a left tackle who projects to guard and possibly center in the NFL. Completed 30-reps on the bench and ran his forty's from 5.15 to 5.19 seconds. His short shuttle was in the low 4.4 area and posted a 26.5 vertical jump. A solid pick here in the 4th and more importantly Proctors' replacement...yes!

117. WR Johnny Knox (6-0 185) - Abilene Christian...Knox moves into the 4th round for me, because I WANT that 4.3 speed and think he can be our future slot receiver. Knox will stretch the field for us and be our answer to Jackson and Moss in the NFC Beast.

156. DT Roy Miller (6-1 313) - Texas...has decent size for a backup NT in a 3-4 and can get bigger. Excellent strength with 36 reps and a non-stop motor. I think he's a better prospect than Sammie Lee Hill (27 reps) and that's why I'm putting him in the 5th round.

166. OT Joel Bell (6-7 315) - Furman...prototypical size and a solid swing tackle prospect with tremendous upside. Good value in the 5th round and had 29 reps at his Pro Day. A stronger and faster prospect than Free (22 reps) was coming out of Northern Illinois.

172. CB Gregory Toler (5-11 191) - St. Paul...another small school gem and coming in with something to prove as a 5th rounder. 4.45 forty and excellent shuttle 4.18 and cone 3.95 at his Pro Day. Not as good a prospect as Scandrick, but should compete for a roster spot and special teams.

197. WR Patrick Turner (6-5 223) - USC...never lived up to expectations in college, but had a good senior year with 10 TD's and 15.1 YPC. Tremendous size, good hands and can be a solid 4th receiver in any system IMO.

208. QB Cullen Harper (6-3 225) -Clemson...a nice combination of size, speed and production with 40 TD's to 18 INT's in college career. Has had injuries on both shoulders, but still has upside despite horrible senior season. Plays through pain and is tough minded...I like that. Will run the scout team and get his chance to show his stuff during preseason.

210. DT Khalif Mitchell (6-5 316) - East Carolina...solid depth at DE or DT in the 4-3 formation and strong with 30 reps. Not a NT prospect, but could push Bowen or Dixon for a roster spot at DE.

227. WR Sammie Stroughter (5-10 185) - Oregon State...yes another WR, but this one can return punts and kicks. Should give Stanback some good competition and just might supplant him as our KR. This wouldn't bother me at all, because this wildcat talk is a joke.

Thoughts :)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Not bad but we would seriously be reaching for Williams at 51 and I highly doubt he would even be the best LB on the board at that point.

Silverstar

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2714949 said:
Not bad but we would seriously be reaching for Williams at 51 and I highly doubt he would even be the best LB on the board at that point.

I think he's a better prospect than Freeman, Beckwith or Ellerbe and we need an ILB with some speed. I think Beatty, Barwin, Delmas and Smith are all top 50 picks.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Barwin is a first round pick and 51 is a too early for williams and I'm not big on Knox IDC what he did at the combine.

Silverstar

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2715180 said:
I'm pretty sure Barwin is a first round pick and 51 is a too early for williams and I'm not big on Knox IDC what he did at the combine.

I want Williams at #51, because the Iggles (53) Fins (56) and Pats (58) could easily reach for him with their 3rd selections and why not? Especially the Pats, who have 5 picks in the top 100. They can reach for a player like Williams at (58) and it won't hurt them one bit. The Ravens (57), Gnats (60), Colts (61), Cardinals (63) and Rams (66) are all looking to draft LB's as well.

One thing is for sure, he won't get past the Bucs at (81) or the Bears at (84), who have shown the most interest I believe.