I need your Help

Champsheart

Reaction score
I have this guy in the office who is litterally yelling at me because he swears up and down he can watch every single NFL game on Comcast LIVE.

I mentioned to him Direct TV has a solo contract with the NFL to do a every game package, and he litterally flipped out. It is hilarious. Anyway, does anyone have anything in writing about Direct TV's rights to the package?

Money is riding on it. He is a Broncos fan by the way.

sacase

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge Comcast has a college package not an NFL one, although I thought I saw something that mentioned NFL but when I checked into it I couldnt' find anything.

Champsheart

Reaction score
sacase said:
To the best of my knowledge Comcast has a college package not an NFL one, although I thought I saw something that mentioned NFL but when I checked into it I couldnt' find anything.

Comcast has NFL on Demand, but they are not live games, you can see them the next day. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Sunday ticket is exclusive rights of Direct TV. They are the only ones who can carry the Sunday games live. That's it. Maybe your Bronco fan has been bucked off one too many horses.

Hiero

Reaction score
directtv has the ticket for like 10 years. slap your friend around because hes a moron

chargrove

Reaction score
Broncos fans always think they know it all. Always. Directv is the ONLY game in town for the Sunday Ticket live. Maybe Comcast has some "day after" offer, I don't know, but who cares if they do? It's Directv or a sports bar that has Directv for seeing every game live.

Man I hate the Broncos.

sacase

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Comcast has NFL on Demand, but they are not live games, you can see them the next day. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Now that is good to know, at least I can record the games this year even if I already know what happens.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
sacase said:
Now that is good to know, at least I can record the games this year even if I already know what happens.

IIRC, they only show clips of the game and it's not very long. Plus, IIRC they only show a few games. So if you live outside the Dallas area, you may not get to see a clipped version of the week's game.

Rich..........

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
IIRC, they only show clips of the game and it's not very long. Plus, IIRC they only show a few games. So if you live outside the Dallas area, you may not get to see a clipped version of the week's game.

Rich..........

If I recall, they usually show the 2-3 minute highlight packages that air on the NFL network.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Just stop by for a Sunday afternoon visit at some point in the season and ask him to flip it to some game that is not on Comcast that day.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I have this guy in the office who is litterally yelling at me because he swears up and down he can watch every single NFL game on Comcast LIVE.

I mentioned to him Direct TV has a solo contract with the NFL to do a every game package, and he litterally flipped out. It is hilarious. Anyway, does anyone have anything in writing about Direct TV's rights to the package?

Champ...just have him visit this page.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044

The most important thing for him to see is in bold.

See the best plays, last second drives and season defining moments — live on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, only from DIRECTV. With up to 14 games each week from outside your local area, you can watch your favorite team no matter where you live.

Now go collect your cash, brother!! :D

Champsheart

Reaction score
Thanks guys. He has come around and realized he was an idiot.

He even apologized.

I cant tell you how easy it is to bring Bronco Fans to reality.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Champsheart said:

He can, but only if he lives in Canada.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Waffle said:
Champ...just have him visit this page.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044

The most important thing for him to see is in bold.

Now go collect your cash, brother!! :D

Actually I found an article that even had the terms of the contract and specifically talked about how cable is taken out of the equation.

Then he got all pissed off and called Comcast and said he was lied to.

LOL!

cbfan55

Reaction score
Champsheart said:

NFL Chanel is no longer on Demand since Time Warner took over:bang2:

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Actually I found an article that even had the terms of the contract and specifically talked about how cable is taken out of the equation.

Then he got all pissed off and called Comcast and said he was lied to.

LOL!

Glad you were proven correct!! Hard for him to refute the terms of the contract and so forth.

I seriously doubt someone at Comcast lied to him, but whatever he wants to believe I guess. :laugh2:

(Maybe they told him he'd get the "NFL Network" and he confused that and the "NFL Ticket.")