I predict Dallas trades their #28 to a team

mmillman

Reaction score
that wants a qb just like they did with Cleveland and Buffalo. Hopefully the team stinks more than those two did.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
mmillman;2022234 said:
that wants a qb just like they did with Cleveland and Buffalo. Hopefully the team stinks more than those two did.

I just dont' see any Q.B. worthy of tradfing up to #28 who would drop to #28.
Remember Brady Quinn was supposed to be a top 5 pick, I can't see any scenario like that again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Dallas makes a trade with Miami for that pick. Everybody talks about the mythical trade up to #1 but it would not surprise me if Miami took the player that had the highest grade on there board and then maybe traded up for a QB.

You figure that Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore and Carolina all could use QBs. It would not surprise me to see something happen there. You figure Green Bay may also be in the market for a QB but how high they might take one, I don't know. I could see something like that happening. Say Miami's 2nd and 4th might be a deal that could work.

Would probably use that 2nd to get a Vet WR. Cincy wants a #1, so does Detroit. I'd offer up that pick and see if they were interested. Essentially, it's a first round pick if you take New England's 1st round pick into consideration.

dannyboy

Reaction score
If there is nothing to draft at 22nd that makes sense, I say trade the 22nd to Atlanta for the 37th and 49th. Also trade 28th to Det for RW and 5th to Tenn for Pacman.

28th-RW
37th-top RB/CB
49th-top RB/CB
61th-Top DT/S
3rd-Top S/DT
4th-Top FB
5th-Pacman
6th-OL
7th-BPA

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It could happen. Especially if Atlanta passes on Matt Ryan at the 3 spot because they take Jake Long (OL is a bigger need for them IMO) and want to get Henne (my bet if they did) or Brohm before someone gets ahead of them.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;2028953 said:
It could happen. Especially if Atlanta passes on Matt Ryan at the 3 spot because they take Jake Long (OL is a bigger need for them IMO) and want to get Henne (my bet if they did) or Brohm before someone gets ahead of them.

is Colt Brennen (qb for hawaii) and option in the second because dont they own the 37th over all pick?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2028953 said:

I agree, if brohm is still on the board and Miami or Atlanta didn't select a Q.B. or BOTH didn't select a Q.B. I could see us as a trading partner!

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see a vision coming to me....

Ah yes, the shrine of cloud is becoming clear...

yes, I see it now...

On draft day, trades will be made, players will be drafted, hands will be shook,and hats will be put on....

and somewhere in the cosmic universe of Cowboys fan unity, known as the cowboyszone...

profanities will be typed, heads will bang....

tears will be shed, post will be deleted, posters will be banned, and skies will begin to fall....

and somehow, a Roy Williams sucks thread will be created...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2033686 said:
As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see a vision coming to me....

Ah yes, the shrine of cloud is becoming clear...

yes, I see it now...

On draft day, trades will be made, players will be drafted, hands will be shook,and hats will be put on....

and somewhere in the cosmic universe of Cowboys fan unity, known as the cowboyszone...

profanities will be typed, heads will bang....

tears will be shed, post will be deleted, posters will be banned, and skies will begin to fall....

and somehow, a Roy Williams sucks thread will be created...

:bow:

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
dannyboy;2028915 said:
If there is nothing to draft at 22nd that makes sense, I say trade the 22nd to Atlanta for the 37th and 49th. Also trade 28th to Det for RW and 5th to Tenn for Pacman.

28th-RW
37th-top RB/CB
49th-top RB/CB
61th-Top DT/S
3rd-Top S/DT
4th-Top FB
5th-Pacman
6th-OL
7th-BPA
That would be phenomenal.
28th Roy Williams
37th Chris Johnson
49th Tracy Porter
61st Red Bryant
Peyton Hillis

dannyboy

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2033716 said:
That would be phenomenal.
28th Roy Williams
37th Chris Johnson
49th Tracy Porter
61st Red Bryant
Peyton Hillis

Absolutely!
Only change I would make would be Charles instead of Johnson @ RB

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Dont' forget Joe Flacco, he could be the guy everyone wants at the end of round 1 if a team like the JEts/Miami/Falcons don't select a Q.B. with their top pick!

DFWJC

Reaction score
the kid 05;2029306 said:
is Colt Brennen (qb for hawaii) and option in the second because dont they own the 37th over all pick?

I may be wrong, but I assume Brennen falls below Round 2...maybe even to Rd 4 or 5?

DFWJC

Reaction score
dannyboy;2033747 said:
Absolutely!
Only change I would make would be Charles instead of Johnson @ RB

Charles and Johnson do seem somewhat interchangable to me too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2022611 said:
I would not be surprised if Dallas makes a trade with Miami for that pick. Everybody talks about the mythical trade up to #1 but it would not surprise me if Miami took the player that had the highest grade on there board and then maybe traded up for a QB.

You figure that Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore and Carolina all could use QBs. It would not surprise me to see something happen there. You figure Green Bay may also be in the market for a QB but how high they might take one, I don't know. I could see something like that happening. Say Miami's 2nd and 4th might be a deal that could work.

Would probably use that 2nd to get a Vet WR. Cincy wants a #1, so does Detroit. I'd offer up that pick and see if they were interested. Essentially, it's a first round pick if you take New England's 1st round pick into consideration.

You are on a roll with this draft. How much time have you put in here? And I think Atl and Chicago should be looking hard to get that QB. If Ryan falls to 22 we have a good shot at getting a couple of high picks this year and a one next year. I think 28 may be too far for a QB but you never know how far Ryan will fall (I don't see him falling very far though) or how high other QBs are on some teams lists.

I really haven't looked too much pass RBs and CBs though. Is there a QB other than Ryan someone would trade up into the first for?

DFWJC

Reaction score
dannyboy;2028915 said:

28th-RW
37th-top RB/CB
49th-top RB/CB
61th-Top DT/S
3rd-Top S/DT
4th-Top FB
5th-Pacman
6th-OL
7th-BPA

If everthing fell right, that could be pretty sweet. However, there is a snag because value-wise a 37 and 49 add up to a lot more than a 22 (940pts to 780pts or about 160 pts on most value charts). Maybe if we threw in our 3rd...which makes it tougher?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2034810 said:
Is there a QB other than Ryan someone would trade up into the first for?

Absolutely, Joe Flacco and Brian Brohm, don't see any of them in round 1 for MOck drafts, but that has more to do with team needs late, most teams picking late usually have good Q.B.'s already, but can easily see Miami, Jets, Atlanta, someone in the early part of round 2 trading up for one of those 2 Q.B.'s before someone else takes them, I mean if you have them as possible franchise Q.B.'s, would you wait and hope they fell to you if you're miami, the JEts, Atlanta, etc. in the early part of round 2 or would you go after your guy to ensure you get him??
My guess is SOMEONE will absolutely trade into the late 1st for a Q.B. like Brohm or Flacco, not sure they give up a #1 next year to do it, but you never know.