"I Say Watson"

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
....what a class act you are young man. God Bless. F.Y.I, Deshaun came from a very poor family. Habitat For Humanity helped Watson's family when he was younger. He wanted to return the generosity to these 3 ladies who too, needed help. More pro's could learn a lesson from this rookie.

HOUSTON -- Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson donated his first game check to three women who work in the NRG Stadium cafeteria and who were especially affected by the flooding from Hurricane Harvey.

"For what you all do for us every day and never complain, I really appreciate you all, so I wanted to give my first game check to y'all to help y'all out in some type of way," Watson told the woman in a video shared by the Texans. "Here you guys go."
Video: http://www.kvue.com/sports/houston-...first-paycheck-to-cafeteria-workers/479260083

DKw4npeUEAAzI05.jpg

Watson, who has a base salary of $465,000, donated a check for $27,353. He walked into the cafeteria with envelopes wrapped in ribbon and said, "Hopefully, that's good and that can get you back on your feet. And anything else y'all need, I'm always here to help."

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
If he doesn't stand for the anthem, does that invalidate what he did for those women in your eyes?

total baiting, loaded question.
Nothing to do with it being a great gesture, it is regardless. But at the same time, I'm not offering my fandom to someone who disrespects the symbol of the greatest state civilization has ever known and all the blood, sweat, and tears I've shed for it along with friends and colleagues who gave the ultimate for it.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
total baiting, loaded question.
Nothing to do with it being a great gesture, it is regardless. But at the same time, I'm not offering my fandom to someone who disrespects the symbol of the greatest state civilization has ever known and all the blood, sweat, and tears I've shed for it along with friends and colleagues who gave the ultimate for it.

Your answer is fine. But you can't call it baiting when you introduced the anthem discussion into this thread when it had zero relevance to the story.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....what a class act you are young man. God Bless. F.Y.I, Deshaun came from a very poor family. Habitat For Humanity helped Watson's family when he was younger. He wanted to return the generosity to these 3 ladies who too, needed help. More pro's could learn a lesson from this rookie.

HOUSTON -- Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson donated his first game check to three women who work in the NRG Stadium cafeteria and who were especially affected by the flooding from Hurricane Harvey.

"For what you all do for us every day and never complain, I really appreciate you all, so I wanted to give my first game check to y'all to help y'all out in some type of way," Watson told the woman in a video shared by the Texans. "Here you guys go."
Video: http://www.kvue.com/sports/houston-...first-paycheck-to-cafeteria-workers/479260083

DKw4npeUEAAzI05.jpg

Watson, who has a base salary of $465,000, donated a check for $27,353. He walked into the cafeteria with envelopes wrapped in ribbon and said, "Hopefully, that's good and that can get you back on your feet. And anything else y'all need, I'm always here to help."

Awesome.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Chump change. Do it on your second contract when you're making real money. Can't even buy Starbucks with that.