I still don't hear anybody that is ANGRY from coaches to players....

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Man if I was a player that weighed 300 pounds like half our starters, and Arizona of all teams had beat us physically like they did, I'd hope to see some anger. We lost Romo, Felix, Hurd, and McBriar for chunks of time. Flo was playing hurt apparently.

We've lost 2 games out of 3 and looked bad against Cinci.

No ANGER?! No PRIDE?!

If this team is going to rally, it has got to get tougher and meaner and angrier. This is the test now. We can either get tempered in this adversity with "backs against the wall" etc, or we can fold. So far I don't see any smoke coming out of anyones ears. I'd rather they smack someone in the mouth even if losing than come across as this soft. Time to put up or shut up.

Couple of things I think the coaches and teammembers should ban until they do SOMETHING is the stupid "front double bicepts pose after making a tackle and the jump bumps after making a play. Sheesh, you'd think we'd won a playoff game the way they celebrate after making one play or two. The mean ones, just quietly get up and do it again, now that is intimidating. We don't scare anyone. In fact this team looks and feels like a bunch of inmature types that are insecure and need to pat themselves on the arse after every play. When is this team gonna get PO"D and play like the talented and geneticly sized freaks that they are and really go smack someone around.

With this oline, Johnson SHOULD be fine. It's the mental strength of team that is lacking. Parcells tried to teach it to them, but then he quit on them, now we are trying the touchy feely approach, but that ain't working either.

By the Bye (hehe) we should know a bunch more about this team. I just hope they aren't in too much of a hole to recover. From the coaches to players on down, there is a lot of growing to do.

But dang, I wish I saw some fire and not from the guys that just should keep their heads down and shutup (TO, Tank, PacMan - when these are your leaders, your team is in trouble).

This team either comes out more mature and tougher or crumbles. It's good this is happening now and not in December though as if we can weather the storm and grow, we could use that boost to be a better team, fighting into a playoff spot and then doing something.

At least the next few weeks will be interesting, I just dread the built in excuses we have been handed now though. No excuses, we have enough size and talent on this team to still smack other squads in the mouth, now we'll see if we have fire, pride, smarts, discipline, and desire to dig deep and do it. If we don't, we need to switch up some players and coaches (need to have a mix of yellers/motivators and scary guys if team isn't mature enough to motivate itself).

LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Embarrased, yes. Fair enough.

After you feel embarrassed, don't you get angry though. My pride kicks in and I get mad and then motivated. Now a guy should be motivated by more than just the negative (so my therapist tells me, hehe) but heck, this is football. Yet, I don't hear ANYBODY saying, "I'd hate to be playing the Cowboys next week". Instead we hear, Rams just beat Washington, this is gonna be a tough game. They are all "tough" games, or should be. Doesn't mean anything. Have to want to win!

If I was the coaches, I'd cut a player (might I suggest Carpenter - even though I've been one of his last supporters), and I'd add 2 practices each week until the mess clears. Use those practices, even if just mental reps to work on all the consistent problems (penatlies, tackling, special teams, etc). Dig deeper and don't give this mentally fragile team the time to play head games with itself. Treating these guys like "men" hasn't been working so far, so hedge your bets and take a bit more control. This is coaching. Once they step up, back off a bit.

I coach an 8 year old soccer team. Our kids were losing 3-1 and getting completely beat up last week. Fouled, out worked, outfocussed, outdesired (yes this exists in 8 year old soccer). The other team hacked down one of our guys for the 5th time to the point the kid was crying. My 8 year olds got ANGRY. They came back interested, focussed, and with controlled passion, and scored 5 goals in last 20 minutes to win 6-3. Had nothing to do with me (cept I didn't get in way). They show more interest, smarts, and desire and yes, ANGER than the Cowboys have lately. Seems silly, but I'm not kidding. They stepped up, despite the other team deserving to win early, since the other team wanted it more and were willing to do what they felt it took to win. The other team made the mistake of embarrassing us and cheating (fouls) and our team got MAD or maybe INTERESTED is a better word.

Maybe it's the millions of dollars that make the difference, but something is lacking so far. Hope it shows up.

LarryCanadian

Don Corleone

Reaction score
They could be angry behind closed doors, and Wade showed some signs of it earlier in his PC. They don't have to display their anger in public. The Dallas Cowboys are a media circus as it is, they don't need public displays of anger to make things worse.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
there were some players that were angry and ticked off, bradie james, hamlin, ware, burnett, and pretty sure ratliff is too,

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Good to hear.

Did anyone smash their helmet through the wall?

I guess what strikes me, is that obviously everyone has these huge "expectations" for team, media, fans, coaches, players. EVERYONE.

Those expectations aren't being met. We'll see if this team rises up or not. They have shown that with backs against the wall, they can excecute better, over last 2 years. Lets see if they can keep it going.

We need a complete game. Not defense leads for half game, then falls down, then offense leads 2nd half, after doing nothing, and special teams starts it off and end it with sloppy play. That is what killed us.

Complete team game. Chemistry, being on the same page, discipline/controlled aggression. Effort hasn't been problem for most part, it's sharpness, and focus.

LarryCanadian